Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 2 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 5 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 6 Southern Spain
- 7 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 8 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 9 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 10 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 11 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 12 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 13 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 14 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 15 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 16 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 17 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 20 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 21 Which european city?
- 22 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 23 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 24 Scotland November 2015
- 25 Swiss mountain scenery in late April