Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 first european holiday itinery
- 4 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 London at Easter
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 18 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 22 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 23 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 24 Advises for trip to Russia
- 25 Dillit Language school in Rome?