Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 4 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 5 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 6 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 7 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 8 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 9 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 10 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 11 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 12 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 13 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 14 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 15 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 16 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 17 Budget for 3 Month's
- 18 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 19 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 20 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 22 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 23 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 24 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 25 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary