Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 2 A drive in Europe
- 3 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 4 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 8 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 9 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 Paris in April?
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 car rental companies Italy
- 16 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 17 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 21 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 22 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions