Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Months in Europe
- 2 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 3 My Favorite Farmhouse Vacation
- 4 divento.com
- 5 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 6 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 7 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 8 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 9 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 10 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 11 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 12 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 13 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 14 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 15 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 16 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 17 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 18 Airbnb scam
- 19 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 20 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 21 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 22 Tipping in the UK
- 23 Central Europe itinerary
- 24 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 25 floods in Andalucia