Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 4 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 5 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 6 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 7 Train to Airport in Venice
- 8 Golfing in Ireland
- 9 Day trips from Seville
- 10 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 11 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 12 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 13 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 14 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 15 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 16 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 17 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 21 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Trieste and Koper
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace