Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget family trip to Europe
- 2 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 3 Suggestions for European Holiday with Young Children
- 4 caroline_venezia
- 5 Taormina to Palermo
- 6 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 7 Berlin
- 8 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 9 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 10 Storytellers in Iceland
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 12 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 13 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 14 Italy trip questions
- 15 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 16 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 17 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 18 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 19 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 20 history museums or locations
- 21 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 22 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier