Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 More help with housing in Puglia
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 9 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 TGV and Provence questions
- 12 Rome Accommodation
- 13 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 14 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 15 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 16 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 17 Italian Lakes gardens
- 18 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 19 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 22 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 23 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station