Just returned from my first cruise in Russia (recommended to me by a friend). The cruise takes about one week and goes from St. Petersburg down to Moscow along the Volga river and through some lakes and smaller shipping canals. You pass through a lot of old towns and villages and even to a remote island filled with ancient wooden houses. For a river cruise with a really strong cultural element I would highly recommend it. A great trip that really has me hooked on river cruising and also on Russia as a holiday destination. My only drawbacks would be that the ship was a bit cramped (especially at meal times and boarding times) and although they said it was 4 star, it definitely felt a bit 3 star at times to me.
My First Russian cruise – great!
- 1 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 2 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 3 London at Xmas
- 4 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 5 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 6 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 7 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 8 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 9 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 10 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 11 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 12 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 13 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 14 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 15 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 16 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 17 Normandy on our own?
- 18 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 19 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 20 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 21 France by rail or car?
- 22 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 23 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 24 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 25 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?