I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 2 Amalfi Coast in October
- 3 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 4 London for Free
- 5 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 6 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 7 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 8 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 9 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 10 Terrorism in Europe
- 11 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 12 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 13 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 14 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 15 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 16 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 17 Madrid: City Views
- 18 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 19 London restaurants
- 20 biking in France
- 21 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 22 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 23 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 24 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 25 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?