I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 2 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 3 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 4 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 5 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 6 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 7 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 8 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 9 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 10 Stay in Venice
- 11 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 12 Our first trip to Europe
- 13 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 14 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 15 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 16 12 days in italy help
- 17 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 18 Athens and which islands?
- 19 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 20 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 21 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 22 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 23 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 24 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 25 Carinthia