I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 4 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 5 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 6 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Positano, Italy
- 9 Nice Video about Poland
- 10 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 11 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 12 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 13 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 14 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 15 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 16 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 17 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 18 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 19 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 20 Vienna highlights
- 21 Where to stay in Rome
- 22 Estonia Amber
- 23 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 24 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 25 Munich