I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 2 Trip Report: 17 days in Spain & Portugal
- 3 four old ladies in spain
- 4 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 5 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 6 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 7 Check out this amazing hotel just off the coast of Galway
- 8 Air France new business flat bed seats in fall, old seats in summer?
- 9 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 10 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 11 Saltzburg,nuremberg and munich
- 12 travel plan
- 13 More help with Ireland Itinerary
- 14 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
- 15 Skakalient gorge
- 16 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 17 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 18 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 19 Realistic? Train Rome to Chiusei, get car on a SATURDAY?
- 20 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 21 Traveling options for Rome to Positano?
- 22 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 23 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October
- 24 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 25 Considering selling off everything to travel the world...maybe