I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 2 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 3 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 4 RHK's Fall escape
- 5 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 6 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 7 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 8 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 9 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 10 Rungis market Paris
- 11 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 12 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 13 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 14 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 15 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 16 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 17 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 18 Europe Itinerary
- 19 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 20 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 21 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 22 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 23 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 24 Baviaran Alps End April Good idea?
- 25 Oops - too many yes it is me me me