I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 2 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 3 London and Where Else in late December?
- 4 3 weeks in Europe
- 5 Matisse at Tate
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 8 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 9 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 10 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 11 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 12 Istanbul Itinerary
- 13 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 14 Bologna tips
- 15 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 16 Edinburgh - outings?
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 19 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 20 What to wear
- 21 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 22 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 23 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 24 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 25 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!