I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 2 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 3 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 4 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 5 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 6 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 7 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 8 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 9 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 10 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 11 Cordoba or Granada?
- 12 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 13 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 14 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 15 Geneva to Munich
- 16 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 17 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 18 Dachstien Ice Caves
- 19 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 20 Iceland itinerary help
- 21 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 22 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 23 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 24 Hertz Never Lost
- 25 2 Days in Bologna