I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 2 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 3 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 4 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 5 2 weeks in Southern Italy
- 6 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 7 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 8 Short trip to Athens and Santorini. Ideas welcomed
- 9 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 10 Stay in Saronno to see Como and Milan?
- 11 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 12 What clothes?
- 13 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 14 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 15 GPS vs Google Maps
- 16 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 17 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 18 10 nights in France
- 19 Questions about Italy again
- 20 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 21 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 22 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 23 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 24 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 25 Car rental in Caen?