I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Under Seige...
- 2 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 3 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 4 Scotland Trip
- 5 visa appointment experience
- 6 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 7 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 8 Hamam Istanbul?
- 9 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 10 First Trip to Europe!
- 11 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 12 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 13 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 14 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 15 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 16 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 17 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 18 Rue des Rosiers
- 19 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 20 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 21 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 22 Brief trip report Naples
- 23 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 24 What to take to Germany
- 25 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris