I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 2 Seaside island village in Greece
- 3 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 7 7 days in Greece
- 8 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 9 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 10 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 11 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 12 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Spain itineraries
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 19 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 22 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 23 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 24 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Ireland with a Northern Twist