I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 2 Netflix and Hulu
- 3 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 4 Wolverhampton - York - Durham - Edinburgh
- 5 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 6 Spanish Jamon Serrano - Which to buy?
- 7 Sentimental Journey
- 8 This is the this is not a novel study which exhibits all
- 9 Does my Switzerland Itinerray makes sense
- 10 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 11 A special promotion in a special place to stay on Corsica
- 12 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 13 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 14 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 15 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 16 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 17 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 18 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 19 Nocelle on the Amalfi Coast
- 20 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 21 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 22 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 23 Taxi Heathrow
- 24 Car rental return Nice
- 25 3/4/ days South of France