I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 2 12-14 nights enough ?
- 3 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 4 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 5 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 6 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 7 Need help with my itinerary
- 8 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 11 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 14 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 18 5 days northern spain, help us !
- 19 Salon de l’Agriculture in Paris: foods, cows, orchid and Swissman
- 20 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 21 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Prague and Budapest
- 24 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 25 Berlin, Germany