I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ravello to Paestum
- 2 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 3 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 Renting bed linens and towels
- 6 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 7 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 8 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 9 Amalfi coast
- 10 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 11 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 12 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 13 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 14 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 15 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 16 Beaches in Southern France
- 17 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 18 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 21 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 22 French lavender and cottages
- 23 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 24 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 25 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?