I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
- 1 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 2 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 3 How Long For Santorini?
- 4 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 5 Car rental Italy
- 6 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 7 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 8 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 9 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 10 Prague Itinerary
- 11 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 12 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 13 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 14 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 15 London at Xmas
- 16 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 17 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 18 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 19 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 20 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 21 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 22 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 23 Northern Italy
- 24 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 25 Sicily- two week summer vacation