I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 scotland trave;
- 2 Airb2b in Paris
- 3 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 4 Living and Studying in Moscow Russia
- 5 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 6 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 7 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 8 Venice tourist travel pass
- 9 Need help with Sicilian itineraries
- 10 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 11 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 12 DVD players in France
- 13 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 14 Train from Sarlat
- 15 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 16 Two days in Dublin
- 17 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 18 4 days in Scotland
- 19 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 22 Best Neighborhood To Stay In In Rome
- 23 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 24 Barcelona restaurants
- 25 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...