I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rental property in Berner Oberland?
- 2 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 3 Bluebells and Blackfaced Sheep on the Single Track Roads of Scotland
- 4 Last minute London hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 6 French Basque country
- 7 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 8 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 Three girls in Naples
- 10 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 11 driving loop in Normandy
- 12 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 13 Toledo, Spain
- 14 Night life for 20 somethings: Madrid vs. Barcelona
- 15 Copenhagen Dress Code
- 16 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 17 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 18 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 19 8 nights Geneva to Zurich itinerary ideas
- 20 Wurzberg parking outside of city
- 21 Swiss Bernese Regional Pass - Part way OK, then rest of way pay?
- 22 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 23 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 24 Lovely naples
- 25 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)