I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just a wedding in Sofia, Bulgary
- 2 October too late for the Italian lakes?
- 3 Perugia Italy driving
- 4 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 5 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 6 Balkans Itinerary Part 2 - Extra Week
- 7 Burgundy beyond wine-france
- 8 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 9 taxi at the CDG airport
- 10 buying Eruos in advance
- 11 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 12 Palace of the Popes
- 13 Beer trip around Belgium...anyone interested/got any advice?
- 14 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 15 Verona Restaurant senza glutine menu or menu per celiaci
- 16 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 17 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 18 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 19 Norway by motorhome
- 20 Train Travel: Paris to Boppard Germany
- 21 booking the ferry from Salerno to Positano
- 22 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 23 8 days in Ireland. Dublin to Shannon.
- 24 COBH to BUNRATTY TRAIN?
- 25 Alhambra - July Afternoon tickets: Audioguide Q + Planning the afternoon