I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hp@ printer Wireless CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT b*g
- 2 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 3 Scotland itinerary help
- 4 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 5 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 6 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 9 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 10 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 11 Scotland
- 12 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 13 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 16 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 17 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 18 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 19 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 20 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Edinbrugh
- 25 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden