I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 3 Italy
- 4 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 5 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 8 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 9 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 10 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 13 5am arrival in Dublin
- 14 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 15 Ste Remy France
- 16 10 Hours in Brussels
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 20 destination wedding
- 21 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 22 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 23 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples