I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 2 Travel services for Spain
- 3 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 4 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 5 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 6 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?
- 7 Positano in high season???
- 8 Tour France On Line (Video + Stills)
- 9 gare de lyon paris
- 10 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 11 Good Hostals or Hotels Budget to Moderate
- 12 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 13 Train tickets France and Spain
- 14 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 15 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 16 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 17 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 18 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 19 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 20 European Quiz # 62 ( Wednesday)
- 21 Tyrol - need general help
- 22 Private driver: Dublin airport to Limerick
- 23 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 24 Need help in choosing a destination(s)... Please Help!
- 25 Portugal Highways and GPS