I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 2 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 3 Barcelona sites: attire
- 4 Self-driving in Iceland
- 5 Ann Frank House
- 6 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 7 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 8 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 9 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 10 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 11 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 12 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 13 Referendum in Greece
- 14 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 15 Visa D - Student or Tourist?
- 16 Barcelona Itinerary
- 17 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 18 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 19 Umbria/Tuscany/Le Marche villa suggestions for large group
- 20 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 21 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 22 Sunrise in Colmar, France
- 23 Iceland
- 24 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 25 Beautiful Engadin is suffering