I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 7 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 8 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Ireland in April
- 11 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 14 A few days outside Rome
- 15 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 CDG airport and connection time
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Paris Metro
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit