I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 2 Day Trip from London
- 3 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 4 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 5 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 6 Changes in security at Schiphol
- 7 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 8 Doing laundry in Iceland?
- 9 Finalizing Itinerary
- 10 Munich- Prague-Berlin Itinerary Help
- 11 Itinerary help
- 12 Provence Restaurant Suggestions
- 13 Barcelona Sagrada Familia visit in evening
- 14 A road trip to Florence
- 15 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 16 A day in Killarney
- 17 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 18 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 19 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 20 Running of the Bulls 2016
- 21 Spanish air controllers strikes in June 2015
- 22 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 23 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 24 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 25 Suggestions for 3.5 day Sicilily Itinerary