I've been dying to go to Spain since I was in high school. I've always been in love with Spanish culture and the people, and I've made it my life's mission to make it there to travel.
I'm graduating from college this December and after all the trials and tribulations I've encountered my gift to myself is to finally visit Spain.
This brings me to my problem. My original idea was to book airline tickets for my boyfriend and I to visit in March/April 2013. I was thinking of flying into Madrid and taking buses/trains to the cities we would like to visit (toledo, seville, barcelona). Accommodation wise we were just going to find hostels along the way.
I was then introduced to the idea of using a tour package, where all the flights, accommodations, some meals, and several tours are included. This sounded great and better money wise. However the more I researched the more I found that EVERY company has terrible reviews.
This is where I'm completely exasperated.
1) I'm unsure which would be the best financially, seeing as I'm the typical "broke college" student I'm not exactly blessed with wealth.
2) I'm worried that by booking with a travel company I may be making a bad decision.
I am looking for any and all guidance. I don't want this trip to be a waste of time and money. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm young and not very experienced with traveling outside of the USA.
My dream trip to Spain- In desperate need of help! =(
- 1 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 4 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 5 Where to stay for one night ???
- 6 Palermo and Taormina
- 7 Car Rental Locations
- 8 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 9 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 10 Tour-Free Travel
- 11 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 12 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 13 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 14 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 15 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 16 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 17 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 18 London Spy Sites
- 19 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 20 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 23 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 24 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 25 East coast trains