My husband and I are in our 60's and going on our first trip to Italy. My first question would be about our flight. We are going from Tucson, AZ to Philadelphia. I have restless leg syndrome and I'm very concerned about the long flight. I'm wondering if we should fly to Philadelphia and spend the night and fly out the next day so it's not such a long flight or if we should upgrade to a premium seat, which is to my understanding, only a little bigger. We have chosen to stay in 4-star hotels and would love to hear of anyone's favorites in the areas we are going to. Also any fabulous restaurants on our journey.
We are going for 16 days starting with 2 nights 3 days in Venice. From there we are going to Florence. I'm not sure we want to stay in Florence but close enough to take day trips into Florence. If we did that, what town would you suggest we stay in that is easy to do other day trips from, plus we would love an area with great Mom and Pop restaurants in a quaint town? We will be in that area for five or six days and want to go to Cinque Terra for an overnight stay. We will probably keep our hotel and just pack a bag for CT. Is that feasible and if so, what else should we see?
From there we are going to Rome for four days and then on to Sorrento to relax before coming home. I know I want to see way too much but I'm not sure if I will ever get back. It is all those places around Florence that are stressing me out. Which ones are a must see and which ones are similar, that if we do one, no need to see another in our short time.
I know I'm asking a lot of questions but any part you would like to answer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바다이야기 고래≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪바다이야기 고래
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 4 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 5 Sicily help
- 6 PARIS
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 "Too Much Cows"
- 11 One free day in Barcelona
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 14 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 15 Thinking about the Fjords
- 16 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 17 Rome -- The next time around
- 18 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 19 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 20 Rome to Venice
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 23 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?