We will have 7 days and 6 nights. Most will be focused on the west side, but after I see photos of Eze and St.-Paul-de-Vence, which is just beautiful, I really want to work it into my itinerary. We will rent a car. Travel on October 1.
Day 1 (Sat): 9am arrival @ Marceille airport. Go straight to Arles. Arles all day. Overnight in Arles
Day 2 (Sun): AM: Les Baux de Provence. PM: St-Remy. Overnight in St-Remy.
Day 3 (Mon): AM: Pont du Gard. PM: Uzes. Overnight in Uzes
Day 4 (Tues): Avignon all day, then drive to Luberon for the evening. overnight in Luberon area.
Day 5 (Wed): Touring villages in Luberon all day (Gordes, Roussillon, Bonnieux), drive to Aix-en-Provence in the evening. Overnight in Aix.
Day 6 (Thur): AM: Aix-en-Provence till 2pm. Head to St-Paul-de Vende. Arrive@4pm. Overnight in St Paul
Day 7 (Fri): AM: head to Eze. PM: Nice. Return car. TGV train to Paris @ 5pm.
Many on forum suggest to pick one or two towns as a home base, but that means travling back and forth to the home base. I will stay in different towns as I move from town to town to save travel time. Has anyone done this? Or is picking a home base really better in Provence? I will need to carry luggage in the car with me while I tour if I stay overnight in different towns. Is it safe to do so?
Is it a good idea to pre-book accommodation beforehand or better to book while there?
Will half a day for villages like St. Paul and Eze be enough?
For anyone who have visited the Luberon villages and Eze and St Paul de Vence on the east side, are these villages all fairly similar that I won't miss out on anything if I don't go to the Riviera side?
I am okay not going to Monaco or not spending a lot of time in big cities like Nice. I also don't like crowded beaches. I just loved the photos of Eze and St Paul, but if it's similar to the Luberon villages, I won't need to go.
Some advice greatly appreciated. Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Creative@:verizon Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 verizon 24*7
- 2 One night in the Dolomites
- 3 Vatican tour
- 4 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 5 Places to stop/stay?
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Rome hotel
- 10 First visit to London
- 11 Route Information
- 12 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 13 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 14 Villa in Italy
- 15 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 16 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 17 International drivers permit
- 18 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 21 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 TSA Precheck
- 24 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 25 First Trip to Italy- Help!