This is my first post on Fodor, but I have been lurking around long enough. I and another family member just recently went on a 3 week trip in Europe. We visited Rome, Florence, Venice and Paris, which was the trip of our lifetime. I was such a dork that before I went, I researched so much about everything on everywhere that my eyes almost bled, haha. But the efforts really paid off. I really have fodors, trip advisor, google and all the travelers who have taken time to write a review to thank for. Since coming back, I have started (though slowly) reviewing every city, restaurant and place that I went to so as to help fellow travelers. I have also started writing in details about my trip to each city, which is surprisingly enjoyable. Rome came first, obviously since it was our first destination. Here is the link:
I hope with some pictures, videos and very lengthy text (haha), it will be marginally helpful to future travelers. Rome truly is a magical place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 3 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 6 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 7 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 8 Christmas Markets 2017
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 11 Istanbul at Easter
- 12 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 13 Palermo Apartment
- 14 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 15 SURPRISE TRIP
- 16 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 17 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 18 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 19 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 20 Barcelona - places to stay
- 21 Fado in Lisbon
- 22 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 23 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 24 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 25 Moldova and Transnistria