This is my first post on Fodor, but I have been lurking around long enough. I and another family member just recently went on a 3 week trip in Europe. We visited Rome, Florence, Venice and Paris, which was the trip of our lifetime. I was such a dork that before I went, I researched so much about everything on everywhere that my eyes almost bled, haha. But the efforts really paid off. I really have fodors, trip advisor, google and all the travelers who have taken time to write a review to thank for. Since coming back, I have started (though slowly) reviewing every city, restaurant and place that I went to so as to help fellow travelers. I have also started writing in details about my trip to each city, which is surprisingly enjoyable. Rome came first, obviously since it was our first destination. Here is the link:
I hope with some pictures, videos and very lengthy text (haha), it will be marginally helpful to future travelers. Rome truly is a magical place.
My 3 Days In Rome Report
- 1 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 4 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 5 Istanbul hotels
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 9 Albania for Beginners
- 10 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 15 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 21 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 24 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?