This is my first post on Fodor, but I have been lurking around long enough. I and another family member just recently went on a 3 week trip in Europe. We visited Rome, Florence, Venice and Paris, which was the trip of our lifetime. I was such a dork that before I went, I researched so much about everything on everywhere that my eyes almost bled, haha. But the efforts really paid off. I really have fodors, trip advisor, google and all the travelers who have taken time to write a review to thank for. Since coming back, I have started (though slowly) reviewing every city, restaurant and place that I went to so as to help fellow travelers. I have also started writing in details about my trip to each city, which is surprisingly enjoyable. Rome came first, obviously since it was our first destination. Here is the link:
I hope with some pictures, videos and very lengthy text (haha), it will be marginally helpful to future travelers. Rome truly is a magical place.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short trip to Athens and Santorini. Ideas welcomed
- 2 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 3 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 4 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 5 GPS vs Google Maps
- 6 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 7 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 8 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 9 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 10 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 11 What clothes?
- 12 10 nights in France
- 13 Questions about Italy again
- 14 2 weeks in Southern Italy
- 15 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 16 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 17 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 18 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 19 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 20 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 21 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 22 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 23 Car rental in Caen?
- 24 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 25 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016