My husband I will be staying in Montefalco for 4 nights from Sept 23-27 to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. I think I have an idea of what we want to do but I would like your input if you think you have something better in mind. We will have our own car and accommodation is already booked. Our priorities are wine and food and beautiful views. We are not really into art or history but they interest us to a certain extent.
Sept 23: Arrive at Rome Airport @ 8:30am and pickup car. Drive to Montefalco. I am thinking we will get here by 12:30 at the latest? We can get showered and changed and either 1. Eat lunch then go to Mantioni winery and olive oil producer for tastings or 2. Have lunch at Mantioni. Spend the rest of our day around Montefalco and have an early dinner.
Sept 24: Arrive in Assisi by 8am and spend half a day. We feel like we need to go check it out just because we're so close but don't have any religion reasons. Possibly go to Bibenda to try some wine or go straight to Spello and have lunch @ Enoteca Properizo. Spend the rest of the afternoon in Spello. Dinner in Montefalco or Bevagna.
Sept 25: Visit Todi in the morning and possibly visit and eat at Fontanafredda winery. Spend the afternoon around Bevagna and Montefalco and maybe visit a wine producer. Dinner at La Cantina in Spello.
Sept 26: Gusto Wine Tours. Hubby is choosing dinner so whatever he decides.
Sept 27: Cortona before we go to our accommodations in Montepulciano.
Do you think we could do more? Visit somewhere else instead? Opinions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 2 TIM in FCO - update
- 3 Visa Query
- 4 London in Winter Report
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Legal documents assistants
- 10 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 11 ATM help
- 12 ATM
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 15 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Montserrat Express
- 18 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 19 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 20 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 21 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 25 International drivers permit