My husband I will be staying in Montefalco for 4 nights from Sept 23-27 to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. I think I have an idea of what we want to do but I would like your input if you think you have something better in mind. We will have our own car and accommodation is already booked. Our priorities are wine and food and beautiful views. We are not really into art or history but they interest us to a certain extent.
Sept 23: Arrive at Rome Airport @ 8:30am and pickup car. Drive to Montefalco. I am thinking we will get here by 12:30 at the latest? We can get showered and changed and either 1. Eat lunch then go to Mantioni winery and olive oil producer for tastings or 2. Have lunch at Mantioni. Spend the rest of our day around Montefalco and have an early dinner.
Sept 24: Arrive in Assisi by 8am and spend half a day. We feel like we need to go check it out just because we're so close but don't have any religion reasons. Possibly go to Bibenda to try some wine or go straight to Spello and have lunch @ Enoteca Properizo. Spend the rest of the afternoon in Spello. Dinner in Montefalco or Bevagna.
Sept 25: Visit Todi in the morning and possibly visit and eat at Fontanafredda winery. Spend the afternoon around Bevagna and Montefalco and maybe visit a wine producer. Dinner at La Cantina in Spello.
Sept 26: Gusto Wine Tours. Hubby is choosing dinner so whatever he decides.
Sept 27: Cortona before we go to our accommodations in Montepulciano.
Do you think we could do more? Visit somewhere else instead? Opinions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary