My husband I will be staying in Montefalco for 4 nights from Sept 23-27 to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. I think I have an idea of what we want to do but I would like your input if you think you have something better in mind. We will have our own car and accommodation is already booked. Our priorities are wine and food and beautiful views. We are not really into art or history but they interest us to a certain extent.
Sept 23: Arrive at Rome Airport @ 8:30am and pickup car. Drive to Montefalco. I am thinking we will get here by 12:30 at the latest? We can get showered and changed and either 1. Eat lunch then go to Mantioni winery and olive oil producer for tastings or 2. Have lunch at Mantioni. Spend the rest of our day around Montefalco and have an early dinner.
Sept 24: Arrive in Assisi by 8am and spend half a day. We feel like we need to go check it out just because we're so close but don't have any religion reasons. Possibly go to Bibenda to try some wine or go straight to Spello and have lunch @ Enoteca Properizo. Spend the rest of the afternoon in Spello. Dinner in Montefalco or Bevagna.
Sept 25: Visit Todi in the morning and possibly visit and eat at Fontanafredda winery. Spend the afternoon around Bevagna and Montefalco and maybe visit a wine producer. Dinner at La Cantina in Spello.
Sept 26: Gusto Wine Tours. Hubby is choosing dinner so whatever he decides.
Sept 27: Cortona before we go to our accommodations in Montepulciano.
Do you think we could do more? Visit somewhere else instead? Opinions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT☎ HP TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 3 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 4 car rental
- 5 Munich and....???
- 6 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 7 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 11 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 Northern Ireland ideas
- 18 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 21 Long weekend in Albania
- 22 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 23 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 scotland itinerary