My husband I will be staying in Montefalco for 4 nights from Sept 23-27 to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. I think I have an idea of what we want to do but I would like your input if you think you have something better in mind. We will have our own car and accommodation is already booked. Our priorities are wine and food and beautiful views. We are not really into art or history but they interest us to a certain extent.
Sept 23: Arrive at Rome Airport @ 8:30am and pickup car. Drive to Montefalco. I am thinking we will get here by 12:30 at the latest? We can get showered and changed and either 1. Eat lunch then go to Mantioni winery and olive oil producer for tastings or 2. Have lunch at Mantioni. Spend the rest of our day around Montefalco and have an early dinner.
Sept 24: Arrive in Assisi by 8am and spend half a day. We feel like we need to go check it out just because we're so close but don't have any religion reasons. Possibly go to Bibenda to try some wine or go straight to Spello and have lunch @ Enoteca Properizo. Spend the rest of the afternoon in Spello. Dinner in Montefalco or Bevagna.
Sept 25: Visit Todi in the morning and possibly visit and eat at Fontanafredda winery. Spend the afternoon around Bevagna and Montefalco and maybe visit a wine producer. Dinner at La Cantina in Spello.
Sept 26: Gusto Wine Tours. Hubby is choosing dinner so whatever he decides.
Sept 27: Cortona before we go to our accommodations in Montepulciano.
Do you think we could do more? Visit somewhere else instead? Opinions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Question re Scotland
- 2 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 3 Dalmation coast in October?
- 4 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 9 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 10 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 11 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 12 Where to stay in Umbria
- 13 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 14 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 15 First Trip to Ireland
- 16 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 17 Greece or Croatia OR Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 18 Train up the Jungfrau
- 19 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Tattoos in Italy
- 22 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 23 Charming areas to explore in London
- 24 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 25 Anniversary Trip to Ireland