My husband and I are celebrating our 20th Anniversary, staying near Certaldo, Italy for 10 days in early October, 2011. We are 37 years old and do not really want to have a 'set' schedule but do want to make reservations ahead of time, where needed. This is our second time to Italy, but our first 'stay' in Tuscany. Our goal is to have a very relaxed visit, visit wineries, buy some beautiful ceramics or other arts, and take long drives, and of course eat and drink well! We also plan on taking what looks like one incredible cooking class in Cortona. I am a photographer, so we are also hoping to visit the most amazing of photographic sites, in hoping to enlarge some for wall art. Any suggestions on the most beautiful of settings regarding wineries and great red wine would be appreciated! Also, any 'not to be missed' opportunities of any kind would be appreciated. We really love to visit 'off the beaten' path and the places 'less traveled' . Thank You so very much or I shall say Grazie!! Happy Travels!
*Must See Wineries in Tuscany, Italy*
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 3 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 4 Spain - Andalucia
- 5 Gogartys, Dublin
- 6 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 7 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 8 Europe with young teens
- 9 Medieval Tallinn
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 12 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 London – five days with two teen boys
- 15 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 15 days in Europe,
- 20 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 21 Can romans help me?
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Planning a holiday
- 25 Sicily 10 days