My husband and I are celebrating our 20th Anniversary, staying near Certaldo, Italy for 10 days in early October, 2011. We are 37 years old and do not really want to have a 'set' schedule but do want to make reservations ahead of time, where needed. This is our second time to Italy, but our first 'stay' in Tuscany. Our goal is to have a very relaxed visit, visit wineries, buy some beautiful ceramics or other arts, and take long drives, and of course eat and drink well! We also plan on taking what looks like one incredible cooking class in Cortona. I am a photographer, so we are also hoping to visit the most amazing of photographic sites, in hoping to enlarge some for wall art. Any suggestions on the most beautiful of settings regarding wineries and great red wine would be appreciated! Also, any 'not to be missed' opportunities of any kind would be appreciated. We really love to visit 'off the beaten' path and the places 'less traveled' . Thank You so very much or I shall say Grazie!! Happy Travels!
*Must See Wineries in Tuscany, Italy*
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 2 Small group for Colosseum
- 3 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 4 Fashion for larger man?
- 5 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 6 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 7 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 8 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 9 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 10 What to wear
- 11 London 2nd time around
- 12 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 13 german rail ticket question
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 16 Arc de Triumph Question
- 17 Greek ferries
- 18 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 19 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 20 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 21 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 22 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 23 Prague flea markets
- 24 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 25 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe