My husband and I are celebrating our 20th Anniversary, staying near Certaldo, Italy for 10 days in early October, 2011. We are 37 years old and do not really want to have a 'set' schedule but do want to make reservations ahead of time, where needed. This is our second time to Italy, but our first 'stay' in Tuscany. Our goal is to have a very relaxed visit, visit wineries, buy some beautiful ceramics or other arts, and take long drives, and of course eat and drink well! We also plan on taking what looks like one incredible cooking class in Cortona. I am a photographer, so we are also hoping to visit the most amazing of photographic sites, in hoping to enlarge some for wall art. Any suggestions on the most beautiful of settings regarding wineries and great red wine would be appreciated! Also, any 'not to be missed' opportunities of any kind would be appreciated. We really love to visit 'off the beaten' path and the places 'less traveled' . Thank You so very much or I shall say Grazie!! Happy Travels!
*Must See Wineries in Tuscany, Italy*
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 2 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 London hotel
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 A drive in Europe
- 9 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 10 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 13 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 14 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 Paris in April?
- 17 Prague - Tram #22
- 18 car rental companies Italy
- 19 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 20 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 21 Toulouse and beyond -
- 22 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 23 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 24 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 25 Palm Sunday in Paris