Hi Italy fans,
I'm not set on a flight to Genoa yet, but the deals are few and far between this year so it is a strong contender. I'd spend at the very least my last day there--I tend to like underrated cities, but I gravitate toward smaller places on most vacations. I would choose a town southeast of Genoa for part of my time, and there is a lot of info here on the forum about this area, so I am not too confounded there. (In my brief reading about the area to the west of Genoa, nothing has grabbed me, but if I am off-base there, I welcome input).
However, my question is related to choosing one or two other places to spend a few days, either a city or somewhere inland, maybe in the mountains. Can I get a few suggestions for places to pair with Genoa and the coast to give my trip variety? This would be a great help for getting my research underway, and I thank you in advance.
In addition to aiming for variety, my husband and I spend the majority of our vacation time walking--whether it be in a city, from village to village, or in nature. My only previous trip to Italy included Lerici, Barga, and Lucca, and it was just about perfect other than being somewhat let down by Lucca (which I can attribute to inflated expectations). I'll have 9 nights total in Italy (this omits my travel time), so I'm thinking 5-3-1 or 4-3-2 for my day allotment. Also, I will be using public transportation. I appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 4 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 5 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 8 Help with Ireland Trip
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Cappadocia in June
- 11 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 12 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 13 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 Ibiiza Spain
- 16 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 17 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 18 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 22 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
Hi Italy fans,