Hoping you can help me out as you've done so many times before! Four of us, in our fifties, will be arriving in Barcelona the morning of Oct. 6, leaving the morning of Oct. 14.
We're all looking forward to the architecture, the art, the food, etc....and, we all love music!
All four of us enjoy folkie singer-songwriter indie type, and pop rock/softer rock. A couple of us also enjoy jazz and classical, one to two of us enjoy opera, and one of us (that would be me!) loves to dance and if there's somewhere suitable for our age group, hopes to convince dh to join me.
I just checked the schedule for the Liceu for the opera and unfortunately there does not seem to be anything happening for opera, in our time frame.
Re: all the rest, does anyone have one or more favorite music venue/s to recommend that we check the schedule of, for any of the above types of music?
Also, we're thinking to perhaps do a day trip or two (tho' once there we may or may not end up doing that - we were in Paris for a week and didn't even join our friends to go to Versailles as just wanted to stay in Paris). We won't have a car.
I have a friend who many years ago, lived in Barcelona for some years, and her recommendations are Montserrat and Sitges. Do you agree, and if not, what would your rec be, and why?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 2 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Itinerary Tweaking
- 5 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 6 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 7 Amalfi Coast help
- 8 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 9 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 10 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 11 Itinerary Help
- 12 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 13 House Hunting in France
- 14 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 15 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 16 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 17 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Portugal with large family