Hoping you can help me out as you've done so many times before! Four of us, in our fifties, will be arriving in Barcelona the morning of Oct. 6, leaving the morning of Oct. 14.
We're all looking forward to the architecture, the art, the food, etc....and, we all love music!
All four of us enjoy folkie singer-songwriter indie type, and pop rock/softer rock. A couple of us also enjoy jazz and classical, one to two of us enjoy opera, and one of us (that would be me!) loves to dance and if there's somewhere suitable for our age group, hopes to convince dh to join me.
I just checked the schedule for the Liceu for the opera and unfortunately there does not seem to be anything happening for opera, in our time frame.
Re: all the rest, does anyone have one or more favorite music venue/s to recommend that we check the schedule of, for any of the above types of music?
Also, we're thinking to perhaps do a day trip or two (tho' once there we may or may not end up doing that - we were in Paris for a week and didn't even join our friends to go to Versailles as just wanted to stay in Paris). We won't have a car.
I have a friend who many years ago, lived in Barcelona for some years, and her recommendations are Montserrat and Sitges. Do you agree, and if not, what would your rec be, and why?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment Montreux area
- 2 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 3 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 11 An evening in London
- 12 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 13 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 14 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 17 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 Safety in Rome
- 24 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary