Hoping you can help me out as you've done so many times before! Four of us, in our fifties, will be arriving in Barcelona the morning of Oct. 6, leaving the morning of Oct. 14.
We're all looking forward to the architecture, the art, the food, etc....and, we all love music!
All four of us enjoy folkie singer-songwriter indie type, and pop rock/softer rock. A couple of us also enjoy jazz and classical, one to two of us enjoy opera, and one of us (that would be me!) loves to dance and if there's somewhere suitable for our age group, hopes to convince dh to join me.
I just checked the schedule for the Liceu for the opera and unfortunately there does not seem to be anything happening for opera, in our time frame.
Re: all the rest, does anyone have one or more favorite music venue/s to recommend that we check the schedule of, for any of the above types of music?
Also, we're thinking to perhaps do a day trip or two (tho' once there we may or may not end up doing that - we were in Paris for a week and didn't even join our friends to go to Versailles as just wanted to stay in Paris). We won't have a car.
I have a friend who many years ago, lived in Barcelona for some years, and her recommendations are Montserrat and Sitges. Do you agree, and if not, what would your rec be, and why?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Roma Pass
- 8 Trek through Eur
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 16 London Hotels
- 17 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 Which airport for Bellagio?