Hoping you can help me out as you've done so many times before! Four of us, in our fifties, will be arriving in Barcelona the morning of Oct. 6, leaving the morning of Oct. 14.
We're all looking forward to the architecture, the art, the food, etc....and, we all love music!
All four of us enjoy folkie singer-songwriter indie type, and pop rock/softer rock. A couple of us also enjoy jazz and classical, one to two of us enjoy opera, and one of us (that would be me!) loves to dance and if there's somewhere suitable for our age group, hopes to convince dh to join me.
I just checked the schedule for the Liceu for the opera and unfortunately there does not seem to be anything happening for opera, in our time frame.
Re: all the rest, does anyone have one or more favorite music venue/s to recommend that we check the schedule of, for any of the above types of music?
Also, we're thinking to perhaps do a day trip or two (tho' once there we may or may not end up doing that - we were in Paris for a week and didn't even join our friends to go to Versailles as just wanted to stay in Paris). We won't have a car.
I have a friend who many years ago, lived in Barcelona for some years, and her recommendations are Montserrat and Sitges. Do you agree, and if not, what would your rec be, and why?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Killarney
- 2 Dog friendly hotels
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Greek fuel cost
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Walking itinerary in England?
- 8 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 9 First time in Bulgaria
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Cambridge in May
- 15 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 18 Madrid/Lisbon
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 21 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 22 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 23 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 24 Day trips from Florence
- 25 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback