I am going to the Lauterbrunnen area for 3 days this June and I'm having a hard time deciding if I will stay in Murren or Wengen. I have never been to either. I want to see some the waterfalls (which seem to be accessed only from Lauterbrunnen...), but I also want to hike the BEST trails in the area as well as go paragliding. With that being my plans, which of the two cities would best suit me? I realize they are close together, but I want to spend as little time as possible on the trains. Also, which trails are the best in that region for a 1/2 day hike or less? ANY tips would be appreciated! Thanks!
Murren or Wengen?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 2 Pompeii train to Naples
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 5 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 6 No points in Paris .....
- 7 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 8 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 9 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 10 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 11 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 15 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 16 best time to book accommodation
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Sicily - not a trip report
- 22 Chip but no PIN
- 23 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace