After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 2 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 3 Augsburg with kids
- 4 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 7 Paris in April?
- 8 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 9 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 12 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 13 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 16 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 He said , she said
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 21 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 22 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 23 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 24 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 25 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help