After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 2 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 3 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 6 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 7 Best beach town in Italy?
- 8 Italy and Croatia
- 9 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 12 Five nights in Extremadura
- 13 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 14 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 15 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 16 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 17 trip to norway
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 Where to go in France mid July?
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 A Greek sojourn