After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 2 Carbohydrate element is a varied mixture of carbohydrates
- 3 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 4 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 5 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 6 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 7 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 8 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 9 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 10 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 11 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 12 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 13 http://tophealthysolutions.com/lightstrike-360-tactical-flashlight/
- 14 Amalfi or Positano
- 15 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 16 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 17 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 18 Public Transport information App/Website
- 19 Rome to Portofino -
- 20 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 21 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 22 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 23 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 24 Sim Card
- 25 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys