After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 2 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 3 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 4 A drive in Europe
- 5 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 6 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 7 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 8 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 9 London hotel
- 10 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 11 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 12 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 15 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 16 Germany-berlin marathon
- 17 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 18 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 19 hotels in Seville
- 20 car rental companies Italy
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 tour guides in rome
- 23 one last portugal car rental question
- 24 Amsterdam hotel advice
- 25 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins