After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys
- 1 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 2 Dresden Train Station
- 3 Rome Accommodation
- 4 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 5 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 6 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 13 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 14 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 15 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 16 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 17 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 18 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 19 Greek islands from Turkey
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 rent car / Munich
- 22 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Italian Lakes gardens
- 25 Walking shoes for London and Paris