After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eating in France-two new books
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 german rail ticket question
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 7 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 10 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 11 Madrid and London
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 Three days in Spain
- 14 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 15 1 week in Croatia
- 16 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 17 Trip to Iceland
- 18 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 19 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 20 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 21 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 22 Fjords, How To?
- 23 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 London neighborhood suggestions