After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A guide to Copenhagen.
- 2 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 3 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 6 Potential trip - Balkans
- 7 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 8 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 9 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 10 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 11 Back to Provence in 2015
- 12 England in 7 days
- 13 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 14 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 15 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 16 Dordogne lodging
- 17 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 18 Rocamaxour
- 19 Dordogne markets
- 20 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 21 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 22 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 23 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 24 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 25 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI