After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 2 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 5 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Europe First Timers
- 8 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 Athens Help
- 11 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 12 Berlin -clubs
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 16 base in brussels
- 17 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 18 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 19 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 20 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 21 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys