After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 2 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 3 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 4 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 5 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 8 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 9 8 days in Vienna in December
- 10 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 11 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 12 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 13 Car rental leaving Rome
- 14 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 15 Christmas Market and Parking
- 16 Paris Under Seige...
- 17 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 18 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 19 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 20 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 21 Advices about our itiniary
- 22 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 25 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys