After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Which area to stay in London
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 6 Algarve - is it for me?
- 7 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 8 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 9 Itinery help Crete
- 10 Naples + Walking Tour
- 11 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 12 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 TIM in FCO - update
- 15 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 18 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 20 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 21 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Germany/Switzerland Help
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys