After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 2 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 3 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 4 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 5 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 6 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 train from ravenna to parma
- 10 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 11 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 12 Puglia
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 16 Ireland driving itinerary
- 17 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 18 Manchester on derby weekend
- 19 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 21 Day trips from Uzes
- 22 Greece Experts
- 23 My First Trip to Europe...
- 24 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 25 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys