After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys
- 1 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Channel Islands
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 8 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 9 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Barcelona Transfers
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 15 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 16 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 17 Ireland in a week
- 18 Spain - Andalucia
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 21 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 22 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 23 2 Week European Itinerary
- 24 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 25 Car in Prague