After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Italy bus or train
- 5 Ireland itinerary help please
- 6 May get together in Paris
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 14 Canal du Midi
- 15 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 16 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 17 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 21 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 22 Praiano
- 23 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys