After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich, Germany
- 2 Hostel Advice
- 3 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 6 Rome for a week
- 7 trip to Italy
- 8 Azores - Which Islands to Visit?
- 9 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 10 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 11 Hertz Never Lost
- 12 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 13 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 14 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 15 Holiday in Europe
- 16 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 17 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 18 Train from Lille to Delft
- 19 Poland in September
- 20 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 21 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 22 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 23 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 24 First Time Europe Trip
- 25 Amalfi or Positano
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys