After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on trains/security?
- 2 Early flight from Nice
- 3 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 4 Italy Itinerary Help!
- 5 Norwegian air
- 6 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 7 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 8 Itinerary suggestion for 5-6 days between San Sebastian and Barcelona
- 9 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 10 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 11 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 12 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 13 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 14 help with 21 days-croatia
- 15 London Paris
- 16 14 days in Greece
- 17 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 18 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 19 Amsterdam to Zurich
- 20 Is there a train from Warsaw to Vilnius or elsewhere in Lithuania?
- 21 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 22 toulouse - how is driving and parking
- 23 What clothes?
- 24 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?
- 25 Sarlat-la-Canéda to Toulouse, please, critique driving schedule
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys