After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 삼성동안마시술소o1o 2816 2526⟧삼성역안마시술소 삼성안마시술소추천
- 2 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 3 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 London Restaurants
- 6 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 7 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 8 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 9 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 10 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 11 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 12 Virgin Trains East Coast Punctuality
- 13 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Charming areas to explore in London
- 16 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 18 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 19 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 22 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 23 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 24 Valencia, Spain
- 25 Cornwall UK
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys