After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 2 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 3 Swiss Travel Pass
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 We're here!
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 12 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 13 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 14 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 15 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 16 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 17 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 18 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 19 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 20 Train help for Prague
- 21 driving from prague to salzburg
- 22 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 23 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 24 Germany train help!
- 25 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys