After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Traveling in Belgium
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 5 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 6 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 7 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 9 Appenzell in December?
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 12 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys