After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 4 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 6 Great London Bars with a view
- 7 Art in Paris
- 8 I dream of Europe
- 9 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 10 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 11 Rental car while in Ireland
- 12 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 16 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 17 Reykjavik hotels
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 20 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 23 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 24 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 25 Help with England/Wales tour