After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Praiano
- 2 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 3 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 4 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 Norway fjord
- 7 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 8 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 9 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 13 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Stockholm during midsummer
- 16 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 21 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 22 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 25 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys