After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning Advice!
- 2 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 3 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 4 Munich restaurant recs
- 5 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 6 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 7 tablet
- 8 Help with itinerary
- 9 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 10 Help! Final Questions on Western Liguria (Riviera Ponente) & Menton!
- 11 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 12 Norway holiday locations
- 13 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 14 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 15 Munich Travel Guide
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 18 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 19 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 20 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 21 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 22 Barcelona completely overrated
- 23 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 24 Greece in 15 Days
- 25 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys