I'm starting to plan a first-timers trip for myself, my husband, my brother (all in our 30's) and my 63 y.o father for the fall 2016, preferably 10-14 days. Hubby wants to hit Munich for Oktoberfest and my dad's family is from/still in Czech Republic (Horní Újezd specifically), so we want to spend some time there - thinking of using Prague as our "home base" even though Brno is closer to Horní Újezd.
We've considered a Trafalgar "Imperial Europe" tour that's 10 days, but it seems like that may be too rushed(though if anyone has been on that, please give your thoughts). Our plan right now is to fly direct from Houston to Munich (there's a 4 pm - 9:05am non-stop) and I was thinking 4 days in Munich, 5 days in Prague then maybe a day or two somewhere else? We like the idea of driving places or taking a train, but we have no clue if that's too much/too little in these spots. We also don't want to miss out on something that could be cool that we just don't know about it.
We are intentionally leaving my mom at home because we are the types that like to explore (she's more regimented, haha), so please let me know if you think there are things that we have to see or if you think my timing for this isn't quite right.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville to Cordoba
- 2 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 5 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 10 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 11 ATM
- 12 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 13 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 14 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 15 London 6 day itinerary
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Portugal rental car
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 20 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 Bernese Oberland
- 24 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)