I'm starting to plan a first-timers trip for myself, my husband, my brother (all in our 30's) and my 63 y.o father for the fall 2016, preferably 10-14 days. Hubby wants to hit Munich for Oktoberfest and my dad's family is from/still in Czech Republic (Horní Újezd specifically), so we want to spend some time there - thinking of using Prague as our "home base" even though Brno is closer to Horní Újezd.
We've considered a Trafalgar "Imperial Europe" tour that's 10 days, but it seems like that may be too rushed(though if anyone has been on that, please give your thoughts). Our plan right now is to fly direct from Houston to Munich (there's a 4 pm - 9:05am non-stop) and I was thinking 4 days in Munich, 5 days in Prague then maybe a day or two somewhere else? We like the idea of driving places or taking a train, but we have no clue if that's too much/too little in these spots. We also don't want to miss out on something that could be cool that we just don't know about it.
We are intentionally leaving my mom at home because we are the types that like to explore (she's more regimented, haha), so please let me know if you think there are things that we have to see or if you think my timing for this isn't quite right.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 4 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 5 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 6 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 7 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 10 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 11 "Never Mind"
- 12 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 13 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 14 Italian car factory tours
- 15 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 18 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 19 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 20 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 21 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 22 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 23 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 24 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 25 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April