I'm starting to plan a first-timers trip for myself, my husband, my brother (all in our 30's) and my 63 y.o father for the fall 2016, preferably 10-14 days. Hubby wants to hit Munich for Oktoberfest and my dad's family is from/still in Czech Republic (Horní Újezd specifically), so we want to spend some time there - thinking of using Prague as our "home base" even though Brno is closer to Horní Újezd.
We've considered a Trafalgar "Imperial Europe" tour that's 10 days, but it seems like that may be too rushed(though if anyone has been on that, please give your thoughts). Our plan right now is to fly direct from Houston to Munich (there's a 4 pm - 9:05am non-stop) and I was thinking 4 days in Munich, 5 days in Prague then maybe a day or two somewhere else? We like the idea of driving places or taking a train, but we have no clue if that's too much/too little in these spots. We also don't want to miss out on something that could be cool that we just don't know about it.
We are intentionally leaving my mom at home because we are the types that like to explore (she's more regimented, haha), so please let me know if you think there are things that we have to see or if you think my timing for this isn't quite right.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 8 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 9 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 10 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 11 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 12 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 13 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 19 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 20 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 23 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 24 Reaching the Lake District
- 25 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?