I'm starting to plan a first-timers trip for myself, my husband, my brother (all in our 30's) and my 63 y.o father for the fall 2016, preferably 10-14 days. Hubby wants to hit Munich for Oktoberfest and my dad's family is from/still in Czech Republic (Horní Újezd specifically), so we want to spend some time there - thinking of using Prague as our "home base" even though Brno is closer to Horní Újezd.
We've considered a Trafalgar "Imperial Europe" tour that's 10 days, but it seems like that may be too rushed(though if anyone has been on that, please give your thoughts). Our plan right now is to fly direct from Houston to Munich (there's a 4 pm - 9:05am non-stop) and I was thinking 4 days in Munich, 5 days in Prague then maybe a day or two somewhere else? We like the idea of driving places or taking a train, but we have no clue if that's too much/too little in these spots. We also don't want to miss out on something that could be cool that we just don't know about it.
We are intentionally leaving my mom at home because we are the types that like to explore (she's more regimented, haha), so please let me know if you think there are things that we have to see or if you think my timing for this isn't quite right.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month in Europe
- 2 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 8 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 LIsbon
- 12 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 London Hotels
- 15 Iceland in 7 days.
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Luggage Storage
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Paris hotels
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 UK: "Ghost Trains!"