We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 2 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 5 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 6 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 7 Switzerland itinerary help
- 8 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 9 Departure Tax in UK
- 10 First time in Italy
- 11 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 12 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 13 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 14 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 15 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 16 Bank of America in Ireland?
- 17 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 18 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 19 Sept. 2016. GTG...possibly 14th-17th
- 20 Austria
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 23 Train Help
- 24 Dolomites October 14-18
- 25 Day in Dublin with Private Guide