We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Munich with young children
- 1 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Advises for trip to Russia
- 4 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 5 First time traveler to Ireland
- 6 Prague - must see
- 7 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 8 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 9 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 14 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 15 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 16 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 17 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 20 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 21 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 22 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 23 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 24 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 25 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?