We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 2 Keukenhof in May?
- 3 Happy birthday ATM
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 24 hours in Paris
- 7 Insurance on rental car options
- 8 Istanbul at Easter
- 9 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 10 tickets for Wimbledon
- 11 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 12 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 15 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 16 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 17 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 18 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 19 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 20 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 21 Renting a car in Greece
- 22 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 23 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 24 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 25 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?