We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Munich with young children
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Sarlat
- 2 Airb2b in Paris
- 3 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 4 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 5 Venice tourist travel pass
- 6 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 7 4 days in Scotland
- 8 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 9 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 10 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 11 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 12 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 13 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 14 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 17 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 18 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 19 malaga to madrid train ?
- 20 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 23 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 24 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 25 Seaplane service