We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Munich with young children
- 1 Wimpy's
- 2 HELP stuck in Italy
- 3 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 4 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 5 Last monte Paris apartment
- 6 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 7 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 8 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 9 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 10 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 11 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 12 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 13 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 14 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 15 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 16 Nice
- 17 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 18 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 Train tickets
- 23 San Lorenzo Market
- 24 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 25 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal