We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Munich with young children
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 2 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 3 Itinerary Help!
- 4 UK for 12 days !
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 8 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 9 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 10 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 13 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 14 tour guides in rome
- 15 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 18 Day trip on the Rhine
- 19 poland to switzerland
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 22 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 23 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 24 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Reims for a day