We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 2 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 7 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 8 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 9 Croatia transportation question.
- 10 Cutback on Spain trip
- 11 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 15 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 16 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 17 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 18 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 19 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 20 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 21 driving from ancona to rome
- 22 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 23 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 24 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?