We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam Transit
- 2 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 3 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 4 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 5 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 6 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 7 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 8 Day trip suggestion from London
- 9 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 10 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 11 Lake Maggiore
- 12 Day Trip near Paris
- 13 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 14 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 15 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 16 Bootcut jeans
- 17 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 18 Car rental insurance woes
- 19 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 20 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 21 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 22 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 23 Favorite tapas bars in Barcelona
- 24 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 25 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?