We will be traveling with 3 young children age 6,3 and 5 months this December (12/21-29) for a week to Munich. We will be visiting Neuschwanstein Castle but wondered if we should rent a car or take the train? Make it a day trip or spend 2 nights in Schwangau? Any hotel recommendations?
Also is everything closed on Xmas day or what should we do? I had at first planned a nice Xmas day in Schwangau and visit the castle to find they're closed on 12/24-25!
We just want to make it as comfortable as we can as I have to carry around a baby with me the whole time.
This will be our first trip to Munich and public transportation is a bit foreign to us. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 5 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 Day trips around Vienna
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 11 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 12 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 13 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 14 Praiano hotel question
- 15 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 16 First time in Bulgaria
- 17 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 18 Killarney
- 19 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 20 Rouen Tour Companies
- 21 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 22 Madrid/Lisbon
- 23 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 25 Rome-Itinerary