We are going on a family trip (mom, dad, adult daughter) at the end of September. We are going to Oktoberfest in Munich, then driving to Venice, Italy. We need some suggestions for town/ area to stay that is charming, quaint, interesting, good food and/or wine for one night (Italy or southern Germany) before we go to Venice. Ideally, we would like to drop off our car there and take a train the rest of the way to Venice. However, we could drop it off some other place close to Venice. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Munich to Venice - where to spend the night between?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam: Alcoholics Cleaning Streets to Get Free Booze!
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 4 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 7 Dresden Train Station
- 8 Rome Accommodation
- 9 Waltz performances in Stadtpark Vienna
- 10 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 11 2 Week European Itinerary
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 More help with housing in Puglia
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 19 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 20 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 21 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 22 TGV and Provence questions
- 23 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 24 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 25 rent car / Munich