We are going on a family trip (mom, dad, adult daughter) at the end of September. We are going to Oktoberfest in Munich, then driving to Venice, Italy. We need some suggestions for town/ area to stay that is charming, quaint, interesting, good food and/or wine for one night (Italy or southern Germany) before we go to Venice. Ideally, we would like to drop off our car there and take a train the rest of the way to Venice. However, we could drop it off some other place close to Venice. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Munich to Venice - where to spend the night between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 2 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 3 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 4 Alterations to night trains routes
- 5 Interested In Coach Passes
- 6 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 7 Voltage in UK and France
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 10 Giverny in early October?
- 11 Two Days in Prague
- 12 Air France strike
- 13 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 14 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 15 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 16 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 17 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 18 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 19 Schengen Visa
- 20 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 21 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 22 london in 2.5 days
- 23 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 24 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 25 Concert at St. Chapelle question