We are going on a family trip (mom, dad, adult daughter) at the end of September. We are going to Oktoberfest in Munich, then driving to Venice, Italy. We need some suggestions for town/ area to stay that is charming, quaint, interesting, good food and/or wine for one night (Italy or southern Germany) before we go to Venice. Ideally, we would like to drop off our car there and take a train the rest of the way to Venice. However, we could drop it off some other place close to Venice. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Munich to Venice - where to spend the night between?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 4 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 5 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 6 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 He said , she said
- 9 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 10 Munich with a car?
- 11 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 14 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 19 tour guides in rome
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 23 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 24 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 25 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014