I'm trying to plan my parents last leg of their European trip in late September/early October: Munich to Milan. They want to enjoy the scenery and are considering taking a train. They were originally planning on Munich - Chur- Como but are thinking about having a home base in Milan and day tripping to Como. I originally had the following itinerary via train:
Munich - Chur, overnight in Chur
Chur - Zurich - Como
Instead of ending train journey in Como, is there a Chur - Zurich - Milan route? Especially interested in the Bernina Express, since they are all about the scenery. And how to book this? Is there a direct site to book this trip? I feel like such an idiot booking this, but European train travel is like a foreign language to me. Thanks in advance for any help you could offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 4 Where in Greece
- 5 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 6 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 7 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 8 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 9 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 10 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 11 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 12 Vatican tour
- 13 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 14 Day in Capri
- 15 alcazar question and seville advice
- 16 TSA Precheck
- 17 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 First visit to London
- 20 Paris travel help
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 23 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 24 Rome hotel
- 25 Villa in Italy