My Wedding date is fianlized on Feb 1st 2014 and am planning a honeymoon to Dusseldorf, Austria & Switzerland. I have my sister too who lives in Dusseldorf, Germany and i plan to visit her too during my Honey Moon visit.
My Tentative plan is as follows :
4th Feb - Arrive in Dusseldorf and leave for Salzburg on 5th Feb.
6th - 10th Feb - See around Salzburg, Munich & other Bavarian towns.
11th - Leave back for Dusseldorf as from there we move to Switzerland with my sisters family.
I would want the following advices :
1) Is it fine that i make base at Salzburg and also do DAY tours to Munich or Should i also make base at Munich for 2 days. (Its my honeymoon so dont want to shift to too many bases)
2) If you could suggest 'Not to Miss' places in Munich and Salzburg and other Bavarian towns
4) Good and decent place to stay. We have an average budget (Not to high/ Not to low either)
We are foodies and would like to explore the local culture and cuisine...Would be really thankful if you could suggest some itinerary/ must places to see in this limited time we have etc.. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 2 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 3 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 4 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 5 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 6 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 7 Wedding in Finland
- 8 travel around Spain
- 9 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 10 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 11 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 12 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 13 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 14 Hilton CPH no loner
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 17 French Wedding
- 18 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 19 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 20 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 I may be wrong....
- 23 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 24 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?