My Wedding date is fianlized on Feb 1st 2014 and am planning a honeymoon to Dusseldorf, Austria & Switzerland. I have my sister too who lives in Dusseldorf, Germany and i plan to visit her too during my Honey Moon visit.
My Tentative plan is as follows :
4th Feb - Arrive in Dusseldorf and leave for Salzburg on 5th Feb.
6th - 10th Feb - See around Salzburg, Munich & other Bavarian towns.
11th - Leave back for Dusseldorf as from there we move to Switzerland with my sisters family.
I would want the following advices :
1) Is it fine that i make base at Salzburg and also do DAY tours to Munich or Should i also make base at Munich for 2 days. (Its my honeymoon so dont want to shift to too many bases)
2) If you could suggest 'Not to Miss' places in Munich and Salzburg and other Bavarian towns
4) Good and decent place to stay. We have an average budget (Not to high/ Not to low either)
We are foodies and would like to explore the local culture and cuisine...Would be really thankful if you could suggest some itinerary/ must places to see in this limited time we have etc.. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 2 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 3 Amsterdam Hotel
- 4 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 5 http://supplementstest.org/forever-bust/
- 6 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 7 Euro 2016
- 8 Charles Degaulle question
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 FCO connection time
- 11 Paris gtg in October?
- 12 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 13 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 14 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 15 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 16 Dolomites October 14-18
- 17 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 18 Switzerland itinerary help
- 19 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 20 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 23 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 24 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 25 Pompeii luggage storage