My Wedding date is fianlized on Feb 1st 2014 and am planning a honeymoon to Dusseldorf, Austria & Switzerland. I have my sister too who lives in Dusseldorf, Germany and i plan to visit her too during my Honey Moon visit.
My Tentative plan is as follows :
4th Feb - Arrive in Dusseldorf and leave for Salzburg on 5th Feb.
6th - 10th Feb - See around Salzburg, Munich & other Bavarian towns.
11th - Leave back for Dusseldorf as from there we move to Switzerland with my sisters family.
I would want the following advices :
1) Is it fine that i make base at Salzburg and also do DAY tours to Munich or Should i also make base at Munich for 2 days. (Its my honeymoon so dont want to shift to too many bases)
2) If you could suggest 'Not to Miss' places in Munich and Salzburg and other Bavarian towns
4) Good and decent place to stay. We have an average budget (Not to high/ Not to low either)
We are foodies and would like to explore the local culture and cuisine...Would be really thankful if you could suggest some itinerary/ must places to see in this limited time we have etc.. .
Munich, Salzburg, Bavaria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 4 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 5 South of France November Trip Report
- 6 Nice or Marseille??
- 7 Dresden or Leipzig
- 8 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 14 Do you want to participate to my TV report for French TV ?
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 Moving to Belfast
- 17 Rome---August and September
- 18 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 19 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 20 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 21 Suitable jacket for Pyrenees tour in December
- 22 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 23 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 24 4-6 weeks
- 25 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?