My Wedding date is fianlized on Feb 1st 2014 and am planning a honeymoon to Dusseldorf, Austria & Switzerland. I have my sister too who lives in Dusseldorf, Germany and i plan to visit her too during my Honey Moon visit.
My Tentative plan is as follows :
4th Feb - Arrive in Dusseldorf and leave for Salzburg on 5th Feb.
6th - 10th Feb - See around Salzburg, Munich & other Bavarian towns.
11th - Leave back for Dusseldorf as from there we move to Switzerland with my sisters family.
I would want the following advices :
1) Is it fine that i make base at Salzburg and also do DAY tours to Munich or Should i also make base at Munich for 2 days. (Its my honeymoon so dont want to shift to too many bases)
2) If you could suggest 'Not to Miss' places in Munich and Salzburg and other Bavarian towns
4) Good and decent place to stay. We have an average budget (Not to high/ Not to low either)
We are foodies and would like to explore the local culture and cuisine...Would be really thankful if you could suggest some itinerary/ must places to see in this limited time we have etc.. .
Munich, Salzburg, Bavaria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 2 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 3 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 4 Papal audience-Easter
- 5 Voltage in UK and France
- 6 Cannot see Anadolu Ateşi in Antalya. Options in Istanbul?
- 7 Nature of France
- 8 Hotel Artorius in Rome
- 9 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 10 Emilia Romagna Region
- 11 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 12 France--a month+ by car and train--ideas please!
- 13 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 14 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 15 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 16 Does this itinerary make sense for May 2015?
- 17 Bosphorus cruise in February?
- 18 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 19 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 20 Two Weeks in France in October '15
- 21 Families with kids: rental car or train in Lake Como, Wengen, and Munich?
- 22 Germany for 3 weeks
- 23 Croatia
- 24 car rental Italy/Croatia
- 25 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary