My Wedding date is fianlized on Feb 1st 2014 and am planning a honeymoon to Dusseldorf, Austria & Switzerland. I have my sister too who lives in Dusseldorf, Germany and i plan to visit her too during my Honey Moon visit.
My Tentative plan is as follows :
4th Feb - Arrive in Dusseldorf and leave for Salzburg on 5th Feb.
6th - 10th Feb - See around Salzburg, Munich & other Bavarian towns.
11th - Leave back for Dusseldorf as from there we move to Switzerland with my sisters family.
I would want the following advices :
1) Is it fine that i make base at Salzburg and also do DAY tours to Munich or Should i also make base at Munich for 2 days. (Its my honeymoon so dont want to shift to too many bases)
2) If you could suggest 'Not to Miss' places in Munich and Salzburg and other Bavarian towns
4) Good and decent place to stay. We have an average budget (Not to high/ Not to low either)
We are foodies and would like to explore the local culture and cuisine...Would be really thankful if you could suggest some itinerary/ must places to see in this limited time we have etc.. .
Munich, Salzburg, Bavaria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 2 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 3 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 4 German Rail Twin Pass
- 5 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 6 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 7 ITALO trains need help
- 8 London restaurants
- 9 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 10 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 11 How much luggage?????
- 12 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 13 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 14 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 15 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 16 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 17 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 18 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 19 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 20 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 21 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 22 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 23 White Villages base?
- 24 10 days to Explore Europe
- 25 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia