This October, we happened to pass the Opera House in Munich on our self-guided walking tour, and I was able to get a 10 Euro "Standing Ticket" (Stehplatz) for the same night, for a premiere of Bizet's "Carmen". There were no seats at all available, only the standing room. I thought, even if I could only stand for an hour, it would be worth 10 Euros. But I was enthralled for three and a half hours. The Opera House is a traditional red and gold circular one , with five balconies, and my "Stehplatz" was on the middle level , front row of two. I could see a bit more than half the stage and orchestra, and I could sit and just listen if I wanted to on the "Stehplatz" behind me, which jutted out a bit. The acoustics were world class, and it was a wonderful night. For anyone going to Munich, I'd recommend it!
Munich Opera for only 10 Euros
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending money in Italy?
- 2 stop in lisboa or not
- 3 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 4 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 5 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 6 British English
- 7 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 8 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 9 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 10 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 11 Trip to Pyrenees
- 12 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 13 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 14 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 15 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 16 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 17 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 18 Brugge photo on Bing
- 19 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 20 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 21 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 22 LowCountryIslander & Mom Go Back to Italy...A Bologna & Rome Trip Report
- 23 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 24 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 25 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna