This October, we happened to pass the Opera House in Munich on our self-guided walking tour, and I was able to get a 10 Euro "Standing Ticket" (Stehplatz) for the same night, for a premiere of Bizet's "Carmen". There were no seats at all available, only the standing room. I thought, even if I could only stand for an hour, it would be worth 10 Euros. But I was enthralled for three and a half hours. The Opera House is a traditional red and gold circular one , with five balconies, and my "Stehplatz" was on the middle level , front row of two. I could see a bit more than half the stage and orchestra, and I could sit and just listen if I wanted to on the "Stehplatz" behind me, which jutted out a bit. The acoustics were world class, and it was a wonderful night. For anyone going to Munich, I'd recommend it!
Munich Opera for only 10 Euros
- 1 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 2 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 3 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 4 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 5 Yet another train question......
- 6 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 7 Transportation for 7 ladies from Marais apartment to only airport
- 8 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 9 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 10 Stonehenge
- 11 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 12 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 13 Getting the best our of Europe
- 14 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 15 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 16 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 17 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 18 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 19 Reichstag tickets
- 20 Paris Ticket t+
- 21 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 22 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 23 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 24 One week in Norway
- 25 Driving Through Adriatic Italy