This October, we happened to pass the Opera House in Munich on our self-guided walking tour, and I was able to get a 10 Euro "Standing Ticket" (Stehplatz) for the same night, for a premiere of Bizet's "Carmen". There were no seats at all available, only the standing room. I thought, even if I could only stand for an hour, it would be worth 10 Euros. But I was enthralled for three and a half hours. The Opera House is a traditional red and gold circular one , with five balconies, and my "Stehplatz" was on the middle level , front row of two. I could see a bit more than half the stage and orchestra, and I could sit and just listen if I wanted to on the "Stehplatz" behind me, which jutted out a bit. The acoustics were world class, and it was a wonderful night. For anyone going to Munich, I'd recommend it!
Munich Opera for only 10 Euros
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 4 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 5 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 6 Venice - boats on canals
- 7 ITALY
- 8 Paris first then where?
- 9 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 10 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 11 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 12 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 13 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 14 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 15 Akrotiri Tours
- 16 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 19 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 20 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 21 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 22 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 23 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 24 Northern Spain
- 25 London hotel tax is 20%