This October, we happened to pass the Opera House in Munich on our self-guided walking tour, and I was able to get a 10 Euro "Standing Ticket" (Stehplatz) for the same night, for a premiere of Bizet's "Carmen". There were no seats at all available, only the standing room. I thought, even if I could only stand for an hour, it would be worth 10 Euros. But I was enthralled for three and a half hours. The Opera House is a traditional red and gold circular one , with five balconies, and my "Stehplatz" was on the middle level , front row of two. I could see a bit more than half the stage and orchestra, and I could sit and just listen if I wanted to on the "Stehplatz" behind me, which jutted out a bit. The acoustics were world class, and it was a wonderful night. For anyone going to Munich, I'd recommend it!
Munich Opera for only 10 Euros
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 6 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 7 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 8 9 days in turkey
- 9 Burg Eltz
- 10 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 11 Germany-berlin marathon
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 16 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 itinerary help
- 20 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 21 Nice Video about Poland
- 22 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 23 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 24 Reims for a day
- 25 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?