This October, we happened to pass the Opera House in Munich on our self-guided walking tour, and I was able to get a 10 Euro "Standing Ticket" (Stehplatz) for the same night, for a premiere of Bizet's "Carmen". There were no seats at all available, only the standing room. I thought, even if I could only stand for an hour, it would be worth 10 Euros. But I was enthralled for three and a half hours. The Opera House is a traditional red and gold circular one , with five balconies, and my "Stehplatz" was on the middle level , front row of two. I could see a bit more than half the stage and orchestra, and I could sit and just listen if I wanted to on the "Stehplatz" behind me, which jutted out a bit. The acoustics were world class, and it was a wonderful night. For anyone going to Munich, I'd recommend it!
Munich Opera for only 10 Euros
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 5 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 6 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 7 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 8 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 14 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 15 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 16 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 17 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 18 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 22 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 23 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 24 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 25 Apartments in Rome