This October, we happened to pass the Opera House in Munich on our self-guided walking tour, and I was able to get a 10 Euro "Standing Ticket" (Stehplatz) for the same night, for a premiere of Bizet's "Carmen". There were no seats at all available, only the standing room. I thought, even if I could only stand for an hour, it would be worth 10 Euros. But I was enthralled for three and a half hours. The Opera House is a traditional red and gold circular one , with five balconies, and my "Stehplatz" was on the middle level , front row of two. I could see a bit more than half the stage and orchestra, and I could sit and just listen if I wanted to on the "Stehplatz" behind me, which jutted out a bit. The acoustics were world class, and it was a wonderful night. For anyone going to Munich, I'd recommend it!
Munich Opera for only 10 Euros
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 2 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 3 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 4 Riga 2014
- 5 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 6 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 7 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 8 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 9 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 10 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 11 Back home problems with sim card
- 12 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 13 Budapest
- 14 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 15 Budapest--baggage storage
- 16 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 17 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 18 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 19 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 20 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 21 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 22 How do you find French food?
- 23 Day trips from Seville
- 24 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 25 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice