This October, we happened to pass the Opera House in Munich on our self-guided walking tour, and I was able to get a 10 Euro "Standing Ticket" (Stehplatz) for the same night, for a premiere of Bizet's "Carmen". There were no seats at all available, only the standing room. I thought, even if I could only stand for an hour, it would be worth 10 Euros. But I was enthralled for three and a half hours. The Opera House is a traditional red and gold circular one , with five balconies, and my "Stehplatz" was on the middle level , front row of two. I could see a bit more than half the stage and orchestra, and I could sit and just listen if I wanted to on the "Stehplatz" behind me, which jutted out a bit. The acoustics were world class, and it was a wonderful night. For anyone going to Munich, I'd recommend it!
Munich Opera for only 10 Euros
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 5 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 6 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 9 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 10 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 17 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 18 Apartments in Rome
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 21 A full week in The Netherlands
- 22 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??