I'll be in Munich this Saturday through next Thursday early am. I have a jam-packed itinerary and would love some review. Per other comments, I'm going to skip the Residenz. I need most help with my Sunday, as it's a lot to do in one day. Also, is there some sort of "Munich Card" that I should buy? I'm planning on walking most places, aside from Nympenburg.
S8 from airport to Munich Central Station then walk to Aloft. Likely arriving around 3 pm or so
Bus 17 (Amalienburstraube) to Schloss Nyphenburg then walk
Nymphenburg palace and some of the other palaces until 6, then walk around the park - Thoughts on how to prioritize my time here? I figure I can do as many palaces as possible until 6 and then the gardens afterward. Do I just buy tickets on the day?
Geisel vinotek at 8:15 pm
SUNDAY: Will this be complicated visiting Churches on a Sunday?
English Garden - I guess early? When does it open?
St Ludwig Church and Siegestor (Victory Gate)
Walk by residenz and national theatres
Schmann lunch and bar?
a few churches and other things: Frauenkirke; Michaelkirke and New Town Hall and Marenplatz square.
Asamurke and Sendler Tor; Theatrekirke ?
Dinner: Hofbrauhaus? Somewhere else around there? Just planning to walk in - no reservation.
China Moon for a drink afterward
Can any churches be cut? I know I'm missing a lot of the big museums (history, BWM, etc, but I think I like this plan better)
Leave 8:30 am but should arrive at 8 am. Taking Gray Line full day tour to Linderhof and Neuschwenstein.
Weinhaus Nuener 8 pm
Antiques museum - open at 10 am
quick lunch? Recommendations?
Stadtische Galerie im Lenbachhaus - must do
Egyptian Museum = open until 8 pm
Have dinner reservations at Steinheil 16 at 8:15, but I'll be having a lot of heavy food and might consider somewhere else really close. Thoughts about Cafe Vorhoelzer forum or somewhere else?
Cafe Luitpold for dessert
Alte Pinakothek - 10 am
Pinakothek der moderne
Neue Pinatek - open until 8 pm. How much time do I need here? I love impressionism so this will be an important museum for me.
Dinner Sophia's 8:30 pm
I know it's a ton of museums those two days, but they are all close and I am maximizing my late nights. Is there some sort of "museum pass" or something I should consider? Or does ticket to one place get me in another?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 5 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 6 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 7 An evening in London
- 8 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 9 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 12 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 13 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 14 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 15 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Apartment Montreux area
- 18 Rome or Venice first
- 19 Europe First Timers
- 20 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 21 Safety in Rome
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Chur or St Moritz?