I'll be in Munich this Saturday through next Thursday early am. I have a jam-packed itinerary and would love some review. Per other comments, I'm going to skip the Residenz. I need most help with my Sunday, as it's a lot to do in one day. Also, is there some sort of "Munich Card" that I should buy? I'm planning on walking most places, aside from Nympenburg.
S8 from airport to Munich Central Station then walk to Aloft. Likely arriving around 3 pm or so
Bus 17 (Amalienburstraube) to Schloss Nyphenburg then walk
Nymphenburg palace and some of the other palaces until 6, then walk around the park - Thoughts on how to prioritize my time here? I figure I can do as many palaces as possible until 6 and then the gardens afterward. Do I just buy tickets on the day?
Geisel vinotek at 8:15 pm
SUNDAY: Will this be complicated visiting Churches on a Sunday?
English Garden - I guess early? When does it open?
St Ludwig Church and Siegestor (Victory Gate)
Walk by residenz and national theatres
Schmann lunch and bar?
a few churches and other things: Frauenkirke; Michaelkirke and New Town Hall and Marenplatz square.
Asamurke and Sendler Tor; Theatrekirke ?
Dinner: Hofbrauhaus? Somewhere else around there? Just planning to walk in - no reservation.
China Moon for a drink afterward
Can any churches be cut? I know I'm missing a lot of the big museums (history, BWM, etc, but I think I like this plan better)
Leave 8:30 am but should arrive at 8 am. Taking Gray Line full day tour to Linderhof and Neuschwenstein.
Weinhaus Nuener 8 pm
Antiques museum - open at 10 am
quick lunch? Recommendations?
Stadtische Galerie im Lenbachhaus - must do
Egyptian Museum = open until 8 pm
Have dinner reservations at Steinheil 16 at 8:15, but I'll be having a lot of heavy food and might consider somewhere else really close. Thoughts about Cafe Vorhoelzer forum or somewhere else?
Cafe Luitpold for dessert
Alte Pinakothek - 10 am
Pinakothek der moderne
Neue Pinatek - open until 8 pm. How much time do I need here? I love impressionism so this will be an important museum for me.
Dinner Sophia's 8:30 pm
I know it's a ton of museums those two days, but they are all close and I am maximizing my late nights. Is there some sort of "museum pass" or something I should consider? Or does ticket to one place get me in another?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 2 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 3 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Thinking about the Fjords
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 8 Rome to Venice
- 9 Alitala
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 16 One free day in Barcelona
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 19 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 20 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 21 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 22 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 23 Travel in Europe
- 24 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21