At the end of May, my girlfriend and I will be flying to Munich where we will be spending 2 days then begin driving to Como, Italy for a wedding. We will have 3 days to make the drive and are debating on a route. We have already rented a car, so I am aware of the fees for returning it in a different country (We are flying out of Milan). We are choosing between driving to either Innsbruck, Austria and spending a day or so, then continuing our drive to Como by going though St. Moritz, Switzerland and into Italy. The other option is driving to Zurich, Switzerland, then driving down through the rest of Switzerland which will lead right into Como. We were also thinking about starting the drive from Munich by stopping in Fussen to see Neuschwanstein Castle.
So I guess my question is has someone made the drive from either Zurich or Innsbruck and which would you suggest? Please take into account which city you prefer and consider which route would be more scenic. We plan on taking a good 2 days to make the drive from either of the cities and would like for it to be a beautiful one.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 a week in Lombardia
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 5 Wake Up Mods
- 6 Hotels in Florence
- 7 One week in London with kids
- 8 Trip in September
- 9 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 10 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 11 Greece and Italy Combo
- 12 Which city order makes most sense?
- 13 favorite app for converting US $$
- 14 SNCF - low price for summer
- 15 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 16 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 17 Best of Norway
- 18 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 19 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 20 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 21 Light weight small converter?
- 22 Positano Surprise
- 23 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 24 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 25 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?