At the end of May, my girlfriend and I will be flying to Munich where we will be spending 2 days then begin driving to Como, Italy for a wedding. We will have 3 days to make the drive and are debating on a route. We have already rented a car, so I am aware of the fees for returning it in a different country (We are flying out of Milan). We are choosing between driving to either Innsbruck, Austria and spending a day or so, then continuing our drive to Como by going though St. Moritz, Switzerland and into Italy. The other option is driving to Zurich, Switzerland, then driving down through the rest of Switzerland which will lead right into Como. We were also thinking about starting the drive from Munich by stopping in Fussen to see Neuschwanstein Castle.
So I guess my question is has someone made the drive from either Zurich or Innsbruck and which would you suggest? Please take into account which city you prefer and consider which route would be more scenic. We plan on taking a good 2 days to make the drive from either of the cities and would like for it to be a beautiful one.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Threat Level in UK
- 2 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 3 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 8 London 6 day itinerary
- 9 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 10 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 11 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 12 Bernese Oberland
- 13 Athens tour guide advice
- 14 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 15 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 16 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 17 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 18 Trip to Switzerland
- 19 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 23 IWM
- 24 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 25 One night in the Dolomites