At the end of May, my girlfriend and I will be flying to Munich where we will be spending 2 days then begin driving to Como, Italy for a wedding. We will have 3 days to make the drive and are debating on a route. We have already rented a car, so I am aware of the fees for returning it in a different country (We are flying out of Milan). We are choosing between driving to either Innsbruck, Austria and spending a day or so, then continuing our drive to Como by going though St. Moritz, Switzerland and into Italy. The other option is driving to Zurich, Switzerland, then driving down through the rest of Switzerland which will lead right into Como. We were also thinking about starting the drive from Munich by stopping in Fussen to see Neuschwanstein Castle.
So I guess my question is has someone made the drive from either Zurich or Innsbruck and which would you suggest? Please take into account which city you prefer and consider which route would be more scenic. We plan on taking a good 2 days to make the drive from either of the cities and would like for it to be a beautiful one.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 2 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 9 Traveling in Belgium
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Paris in August
- 14 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 15 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 16 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 19 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 20 Lake Como,Italy
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 23 Train travel to and from Paris
- 24 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 25 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?