I wanted to take my 15 yr old son away on a trip during the school summer break and asked him where he wanted to go, as he is enjoying German language lessons at school he suggested Germany. I hadn't realised how big a country Germany is until I looked at a map and then realised I needed to focus in on somewhere. A friend recommended Bavaria which lent itself to then visiting Munich and helpful forum replies here meant we also spent some time in Garmisch which was easy to get to by train from Munich and gave us a different experience from the city. My 18 yr old daughter also decided she wanted to come along and as she was keen to visit Paris, I began researching and booking our trip to incorporate the three destinations. Travelling with two teenagers presented its own challenges and delights and altered my tick list of priorities when booking accommodation and making plans of things to do. The trip was brilliant, we all loved Germany - we are now home and I am working full time so I will add to my report with replies to tell you the sorts of things we enjoyed doing and pass on some practical tips which worked for us.
Munich, Garmisch and Paris in 9 days - Mum & two teens - Trip report
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 2 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 3 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 4 Travel with Teens
- 5 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 6 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 7 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 8 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 Reims for a day
- 11 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 12 I think this is a scam!
- 13 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 14 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 15 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 16 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 17 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 20 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 21 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 What are the best places to see in England
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Indus Tours in Turkey