I wanted to take my 15 yr old son away on a trip during the school summer break and asked him where he wanted to go, as he is enjoying German language lessons at school he suggested Germany. I hadn't realised how big a country Germany is until I looked at a map and then realised I needed to focus in on somewhere. A friend recommended Bavaria which lent itself to then visiting Munich and helpful forum replies here meant we also spent some time in Garmisch which was easy to get to by train from Munich and gave us a different experience from the city. My 18 yr old daughter also decided she wanted to come along and as she was keen to visit Paris, I began researching and booking our trip to incorporate the three destinations. Travelling with two teenagers presented its own challenges and delights and altered my tick list of priorities when booking accommodation and making plans of things to do. The trip was brilliant, we all loved Germany - we are now home and I am working full time so I will add to my report with replies to tell you the sorts of things we enjoyed doing and pass on some practical tips which worked for us.
Munich, Garmisch and Paris in 9 days - Mum & two teens - Trip report
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 2 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 7 France,Spain,Italy
- 8 Scotland November 2015
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 11 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 12 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 13 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 17 VISA question
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 20 Schengen Visa Rules
- 21 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 22 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 23 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 N Ireland / Ireland driving