I wanted to take my 15 yr old son away on a trip during the school summer break and asked him where he wanted to go, as he is enjoying German language lessons at school he suggested Germany. I hadn't realised how big a country Germany is until I looked at a map and then realised I needed to focus in on somewhere. A friend recommended Bavaria which lent itself to then visiting Munich and helpful forum replies here meant we also spent some time in Garmisch which was easy to get to by train from Munich and gave us a different experience from the city. My 18 yr old daughter also decided she wanted to come along and as she was keen to visit Paris, I began researching and booking our trip to incorporate the three destinations. Travelling with two teenagers presented its own challenges and delights and altered my tick list of priorities when booking accommodation and making plans of things to do. The trip was brilliant, we all loved Germany - we are now home and I am working full time so I will add to my report with replies to tell you the sorts of things we enjoyed doing and pass on some practical tips which worked for us.
Munich, Garmisch and Paris in 9 days - Mum & two teens - Trip report
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 2 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 3 No points in Paris .....
- 4 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 5 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 6 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 10 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 11 best time to book accommodation
- 12 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Sicily - not a trip report
- 17 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 22 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 25 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son