My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 2 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 13 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 17 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 22 Greece
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 25 Stuck in Paris