My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Question re Scotland
- 2 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 3 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 6 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 Where to stay in Umbria
- 10 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 11 2 weeks from southern italy
- 12 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 13 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 14 First Trip to Ireland
- 15 Dalmation coast in October?
- 16 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 17 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 18 Confused on which train pass
- 19 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 20 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 21 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 22 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 23 Best of Norway
- 24 Bus Strike
- 25 Train up the Jungfrau