My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementschoice.com/alpha-monster-advanced/
- 2 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 3 +27810515889 100% lost love spell caster in Sweden Qatar
- 4 +27810515889 love spells Caster in Qatar Usa Uae
- 5 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 6 Driving in Italy?
- 7 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 8 Granada to Madrid
- 9 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 10 Croatia
- 11 Croatia trip Planning
- 12 Norway -Trips
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 15 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 16 England Transportation Experts Needed! Multiple Questions!
- 17 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 18 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?
- 23 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 24 Bergen and Norway with toddler under-two
- 25 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger