My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda Wine/biking
- 2 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Italy bus or train
- 7 Ireland itinerary help please
- 8 May get together in Paris
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 12 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 13 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 16 Canal du Midi
- 17 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 18 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 19 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 Perugia
- 22 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 23 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 24 Praiano
- 25 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice