My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Munich-Fussen-Lake Constance-Rothenburg this November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia Amber
- 2 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 3 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 4 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 5 Munich
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 8 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 9 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 12 Italy
- 13 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 14 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 15 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 UK for 12 days !
- 22 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 23 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 24 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 25 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday