My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Munich-Fussen-Lake Constance-Rothenburg this November
- 1 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 2 Paris to Nice or to Cassis on september?
- 3 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 4 Best area to stay in Rome
- 5 Am I too fat too travel?
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 7 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 8 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 9 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 10 Trip Report: 10 day trip (with lots of pictures!)
- 11 Paris Ticket t+
- 12 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 13 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 14 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 15 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 16 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 17 river cruise choice
- 18 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 19 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 20 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 21 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 22 Train Passes
- 23 Rome apartment
- 24 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 25 July reservations for County Kerry?