My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 2 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 3 Driving through Paris
- 4 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 5 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Barcelona alternative
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 Lisbon
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 18 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 19 Italy Car Scam
- 20 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Road trip with our dog
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP