My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam, Germany
- 2 Scotland Highlands Help
- 3 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Exploring Extraordinary Extremadura
- 6 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 7 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 8 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 9 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 10 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 11 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 12 How Challenging Did You Find German to Learn?
- 13 Navigating the Swiss travel system
- 14 Bed & Breakfast in Ireland - need reservations?
- 15 Europe itinerary review
- 16 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 17 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 18 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 19 Anchovies and Sardines
- 20 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 21 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 22 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 23 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 24 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 25 Flight connection in CDG