My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 4 My 60th birthday surprises
- 5 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 6 Help with first time trip with family
- 7 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 8 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 9 Verona or Athens?
- 10 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 11 Spain car rental questions
- 12 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 13 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 14 Basque country ideas
- 15 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 16 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 17 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 18 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 19 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 22 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 23 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 24 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 25 European Cooking Secrets