My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Munich-Fussen-Lake Constance-Rothenburg this November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Foie gras, redux
- 2 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 3 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 4 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 5 Train to Airport in Venice
- 6 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 7 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 13 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Airport to Piraeus
- 16 Trieste and Koper
- 17 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 18 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 19 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 20 What still confounds you about travel?
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Pronunciation