My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Germany 8-17 November. We will fly in to Munich (arriving 9 November around noon) and then travel down through Fussen, over to Lake Constance, up to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and back to Munich. We've also talked about a day trip on the train from Munich to Salzburg, and perhaps going through Nuremberg on the way from Rothenburg to Munich. We will be driving from Munich to Lake Constance to Rothenburg, so our plans are very flexible. This is our current itinerary as far as hotels/B&Bs:
9-12: Munich (perhaps day trip to Salzburg on the 11th, then pick up the car on the 12th)
14-16: Rothenburg ob der Tauber
16-17: Munich (flying out the afternoon of the 17th)
Here are my questions/requests:
1. We were thinking of only staying in four places total - Munich, Meersburg, Rothenburg, then back to Munich. However, we are wondering if there's so much to do in the Fussen/Garmisch area that we should spend a night there as well. We don't want to be constantly unpacking and repacking if we can help it, but we also don't want to move too quickly through an area.
2. Are there any standout hotels/B&Bs you recommend in these areas?
3. What are the best activities in Munich, for a first time traveler to Germany?
4. Any recommendations on activities and things to see (appropriate for this time of year) are much appreciated!
Thanks for your assistance!
Munich-Fussen-Lake Constance-Rothenburg this November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 2 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 3 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 4 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 5 Southern Spain
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Which european city?
- 8 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 9 Italy Countryside
- 10 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 11 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 12 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 13 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 14 Scotland November 2015
- 15 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 16 Germany in December 2015
- 17 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 18 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 19 Vegan in Germany?
- 20 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 23 biking tours in Italy?
- 24 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 25 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)