We will arrive in Munich on Saturday, September 26(four of us in our late 40's and early 50's).
I have been researching areas for lodging and came across two interesting places: Haidhausen and Schwabing. While we plan to participate in some the Oktoberfest activities, we also want to lodge in an area that may be a little less crowded. Does anyone have any experience in either of these areas or any other areas that may possibly be a little less crowded? Or any great area?
We enjoy going out, meeting locals and listening to live music and eating great food.
We will rely on public transportation and we are planning a few day trips from Munich.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 2 Spain in December
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 5 Cell Phone Question
- 6 Help required with Itinerary
- 7 UK Visa Help
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 13 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 14 Public Transportation in England
- 15 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 16 K-Day
- 17 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 18 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 19 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 20 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 21 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 22 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden