We will arrive in Munich on Saturday, September 26(four of us in our late 40's and early 50's).
I have been researching areas for lodging and came across two interesting places: Haidhausen and Schwabing. While we plan to participate in some the Oktoberfest activities, we also want to lodge in an area that may be a little less crowded. Does anyone have any experience in either of these areas or any other areas that may possibly be a little less crowded? Or any great area?
We enjoy going out, meeting locals and listening to live music and eating great food.
We will rely on public transportation and we are planning a few day trips from Munich.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBALPassword Reset CONTACT ☎1800:681:7208SBCGLOBALTec#SUPP
- 2 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 3 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 10 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Scotland
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 23 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 24 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights