We will arrive in Munich on Saturday, September 26(four of us in our late 40's and early 50's).
I have been researching areas for lodging and came across two interesting places: Haidhausen and Schwabing. While we plan to participate in some the Oktoberfest activities, we also want to lodge in an area that may be a little less crowded. Does anyone have any experience in either of these areas or any other areas that may possibly be a little less crowded? Or any great area?
We enjoy going out, meeting locals and listening to live music and eating great food.
We will rely on public transportation and we are planning a few day trips from Munich.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 5 Tour groups
- 6 Driving in Italy?
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 9 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 10 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 11 Super Cover For Hertz
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 14 Baby Milk
- 15 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 16 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 17 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Hotel in Vienna
- 20 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 21 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 22 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 23 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 9 days and nights in Switzerland