We will be visiting Germany for 2 weeks coming December, and we have 6 nights in Munich, so practically 5 full days. I was thinking of spending 2 (plus half day on arrival from Nuremberg) days going around Munich, and then 3 days doing some day trips, either on my own using trains or a group tour. Which of these is best especially during December:
Neuschwanstein & Linderhof (group tour)
Garmisch-Partenkirchen (using trains)
Augsburg (using trains)
Regensburg (using trains)
...any other suggestions?
We like history, cities, architecture, and nice scenery.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Bremerhaven and environs
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 10 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 13 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 14 5 Days in Switzerland
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 18 International Flight Question
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris