We will be visiting Germany for 2 weeks coming December, and we have 6 nights in Munich, so practically 5 full days. I was thinking of spending 2 (plus half day on arrival from Nuremberg) days going around Munich, and then 3 days doing some day trips, either on my own using trains or a group tour. Which of these is best especially during December:
Neuschwanstein & Linderhof (group tour)
Garmisch-Partenkirchen (using trains)
Augsburg (using trains)
Regensburg (using trains)
...any other suggestions?
We like history, cities, architecture, and nice scenery.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Traveling in Belgium
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 5 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 6 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 7 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 9 Appenzell in December?
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 12 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO