We will be visiting Germany for 2 weeks coming December, and we have 6 nights in Munich, so practically 5 full days. I was thinking of spending 2 (plus half day on arrival from Nuremberg) days going around Munich, and then 3 days doing some day trips, either on my own using trains or a group tour. Which of these is best especially during December:
Neuschwanstein & Linderhof (group tour)
Garmisch-Partenkirchen (using trains)
Augsburg (using trains)
Regensburg (using trains)
...any other suggestions?
We like history, cities, architecture, and nice scenery.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Provence in early June
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Need Information about French Alps
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 11 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 12 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Uffizi Phone Number
- 24 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??