Hello all! We are planning a trip in June with out 2 teenage boys. We will be arriving in Munich by the night train on a Saturday morning. Older son will be flying out of Munich the following Saturday so he can start summer school and the rest of us plan to stay another 5 nights. Our rough plans at this point are to spend the first 2 nights in Munich and tour the soccer stadium and see the Deutsches museum, as well as just enjoy the city. From there we thought we would head south to Innsbruck and Salzberg area for the next 4 nights and then loop back to Munich the following Friday. Older son leaves Saturday and then we will head to Prague. I would like to see Rothenberg. Would it make sense to drive there from Munich and spend the night before going to Prague? What is the best way to get to Prague from there? Train from Nurnberg? Drive? We thought we would take the train from Munich to Austria and rent a car so we can have more flexibility to wander around. Thoughts on things teenage boys would like to do? We like outdoor adventures and would like to see some of the castles and WW II sites. Thanks!
Munich-Austria-Prague w/teenagers-itinerary suggestions
- 1 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 2 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 3 Train Passes
- 4 Rome apartment
- 5 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 6 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 7 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 8 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 9 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 10 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 11 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 12 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 13 Gate 1 Travel is the BEST
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 15 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 16 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 17 Benita In Paris
- 18 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 19 pier in Copenhagen
- 20 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 21 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 22 Am I too fat too travel?
- 23 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 24 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 25 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport