Hello all! We are planning a trip in June with out 2 teenage boys. We will be arriving in Munich by the night train on a Saturday morning. Older son will be flying out of Munich the following Saturday so he can start summer school and the rest of us plan to stay another 5 nights. Our rough plans at this point are to spend the first 2 nights in Munich and tour the soccer stadium and see the Deutsches museum, as well as just enjoy the city. From there we thought we would head south to Innsbruck and Salzberg area for the next 4 nights and then loop back to Munich the following Friday. Older son leaves Saturday and then we will head to Prague. I would like to see Rothenberg. Would it make sense to drive there from Munich and spend the night before going to Prague? What is the best way to get to Prague from there? Train from Nurnberg? Drive? We thought we would take the train from Munich to Austria and rent a car so we can have more flexibility to wander around. Thoughts on things teenage boys would like to do? We like outdoor adventures and would like to see some of the castles and WW II sites. Thanks!
Munich-Austria-Prague w/teenagers-itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain for 7 days
- 2 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 5 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 6 Biking across Europe
- 7 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 8 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 9 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 10 Normandy in October
- 11 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 12 I went to Paris in June
- 13 "Cool" places for dinner in Rome when it's hot
- 14 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 15 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 16 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 17 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 18 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 19 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 21 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 22 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 23 Oslo or Stockholm?
- 24 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 25 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt