Hello all! We are planning a trip in June with out 2 teenage boys. We will be arriving in Munich by the night train on a Saturday morning. Older son will be flying out of Munich the following Saturday so he can start summer school and the rest of us plan to stay another 5 nights. Our rough plans at this point are to spend the first 2 nights in Munich and tour the soccer stadium and see the Deutsches museum, as well as just enjoy the city. From there we thought we would head south to Innsbruck and Salzberg area for the next 4 nights and then loop back to Munich the following Friday. Older son leaves Saturday and then we will head to Prague. I would like to see Rothenberg. Would it make sense to drive there from Munich and spend the night before going to Prague? What is the best way to get to Prague from there? Train from Nurnberg? Drive? We thought we would take the train from Munich to Austria and rent a car so we can have more flexibility to wander around. Thoughts on things teenage boys would like to do? We like outdoor adventures and would like to see some of the castles and WW II sites. Thanks!
Munich-Austria-Prague w/teenagers-itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 2 Italy in October 2015
- 3 Study Abroad: Alicante, Spain?
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 6 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 7 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 Halloween in Paris
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 12 I dream of Europe
- 13 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 14 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 15 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 16 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 17 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 18 London Trip Travel
- 19 Can you answer this poll on spiritual tourism ?
- 20 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 21 Itinerary 20 days
- 22 Study Spanish in Granada; Cordoba?
- 23 Cotswold Churches
- 24 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 25 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa