Hello all! We are planning a trip in June with out 2 teenage boys. We will be arriving in Munich by the night train on a Saturday morning. Older son will be flying out of Munich the following Saturday so he can start summer school and the rest of us plan to stay another 5 nights. Our rough plans at this point are to spend the first 2 nights in Munich and tour the soccer stadium and see the Deutsches museum, as well as just enjoy the city. From there we thought we would head south to Innsbruck and Salzberg area for the next 4 nights and then loop back to Munich the following Friday. Older son leaves Saturday and then we will head to Prague. I would like to see Rothenberg. Would it make sense to drive there from Munich and spend the night before going to Prague? What is the best way to get to Prague from there? Train from Nurnberg? Drive? We thought we would take the train from Munich to Austria and rent a car so we can have more flexibility to wander around. Thoughts on things teenage boys would like to do? We like outdoor adventures and would like to see some of the castles and WW II sites. Thanks!
Munich-Austria-Prague w/teenagers-itinerary suggestions
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week European Itinerary
- 2 rent car / Munich
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 5 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Family European winter holiday
- 9 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 10 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 11 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 12 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 13 Channel Islands
- 14 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 15 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 16 Dresden Train Station
- 17 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 24 Chambermaid tipping
- 25 TGV and Provence questions