Hello all! We are planning a trip in June with out 2 teenage boys. We will be arriving in Munich by the night train on a Saturday morning. Older son will be flying out of Munich the following Saturday so he can start summer school and the rest of us plan to stay another 5 nights. Our rough plans at this point are to spend the first 2 nights in Munich and tour the soccer stadium and see the Deutsches museum, as well as just enjoy the city. From there we thought we would head south to Innsbruck and Salzberg area for the next 4 nights and then loop back to Munich the following Friday. Older son leaves Saturday and then we will head to Prague. I would like to see Rothenberg. Would it make sense to drive there from Munich and spend the night before going to Prague? What is the best way to get to Prague from there? Train from Nurnberg? Drive? We thought we would take the train from Munich to Austria and rent a car so we can have more flexibility to wander around. Thoughts on things teenage boys would like to do? We like outdoor adventures and would like to see some of the castles and WW II sites. Thanks!
Munich-Austria-Prague w/teenagers-itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London hotel tax is 20%
- 2 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 3 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 6 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 7 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 8 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 9 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 10 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 11 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 12 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 13 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 14 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 15 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 16 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 17 Venice - boats on canals
- 18 ITALY
- 19 Paris first then where?
- 20 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 23 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 24 Akrotiri Tours
- 25 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable