Hello all! We are planning a trip in June with out 2 teenage boys. We will be arriving in Munich by the night train on a Saturday morning. Older son will be flying out of Munich the following Saturday so he can start summer school and the rest of us plan to stay another 5 nights. Our rough plans at this point are to spend the first 2 nights in Munich and tour the soccer stadium and see the Deutsches museum, as well as just enjoy the city. From there we thought we would head south to Innsbruck and Salzberg area for the next 4 nights and then loop back to Munich the following Friday. Older son leaves Saturday and then we will head to Prague. I would like to see Rothenberg. Would it make sense to drive there from Munich and spend the night before going to Prague? What is the best way to get to Prague from there? Train from Nurnberg? Drive? We thought we would take the train from Munich to Austria and rent a car so we can have more flexibility to wander around. Thoughts on things teenage boys would like to do? We like outdoor adventures and would like to see some of the castles and WW II sites. Thanks!
Munich-Austria-Prague w/teenagers-itinerary suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 2 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 3 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 4 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 5 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 6 Travel by train in Poland?
- 7 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 8 UK with Kids
- 9 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 10 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation
- 11 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 12 DVD players in France
- 13 Freising or Erding?
- 14 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 15 Travelling to Croatia - Do I need to book accommodation
- 16 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 17 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 18 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 19 Shipping Suitcases from Ireland to Canada
- 20 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 21 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 22 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 23 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 24 Airb2b in Paris
- 25 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.