Our family of four (with two teenagers) will be arriving (via train) in Munich from Amsterdam on 25 July (around 6 pm) and have six nights before our flight to London. There's so much to do and so little time. We definitely want to see the castles near Fussen and the parents would love to spend a day driving through mountains (Mittenwald is a particular draw.) Rotherburg ob der Tauber is also intriguing. Does anyone have recommendations about an itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Munich and surrounding areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 2 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 3 Germany for 3 weeks
- 4 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 6 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 7 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 8 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 9 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 10 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 11 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 12 Great restaurants in Italy
- 13 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 14 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 15 Scotland and northern England
- 16 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 17 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 18 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 19 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 20 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 21 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 22 WiFi on trains
- 23 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 24 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 25 Isle of Skye Lodging