Our family of four (with two teenagers) will be arriving (via train) in Munich from Amsterdam on 25 July (around 6 pm) and have six nights before our flight to London. There's so much to do and so little time. We definitely want to see the castles near Fussen and the parents would love to spend a day driving through mountains (Mittenwald is a particular draw.) Rotherburg ob der Tauber is also intriguing. Does anyone have recommendations about an itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Munich and surrounding areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 2 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 3 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 4 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 5 Uk visa processing time
- 6 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 7 Heathrow-Bath bus tickets
- 8 NZ Passport validity
- 9 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 10 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 11 Uk visa
- 12 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 13 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 14 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 15 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 16 22" or 24" for Europe trains?
- 17 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 18 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 19 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 20 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 21 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 22 Porto to Salamanca
- 23 Trip to Italy
- 24 Classical Music Concert in Vienna
- 25 Copenhagen hotel