Our family of four (with two teenagers) will be arriving (via train) in Munich from Amsterdam on 25 July (around 6 pm) and have six nights before our flight to London. There's so much to do and so little time. We definitely want to see the castles near Fussen and the parents would love to spend a day driving through mountains (Mittenwald is a particular draw.) Rotherburg ob der Tauber is also intriguing. Does anyone have recommendations about an itinerary? Thanks in advance.
Munich and surrounding areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/EPL family vacation
- 2 4 Months in Europe
- 3 Never To Return
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 6 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 7 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 8 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 9 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 10 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 11 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 12 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 13 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 14 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 15 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 18 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 19 London city Best option for transit
- 20 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 21 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 22 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 23 Lucerne Switzerland
- 24 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 25 Central Europe itinerary