My husband and I are going to Munchen for 2-3 days during a 16-days trip mainly to Prague and Lausanne.
We will arrive to Munchen on may 15th, and It seems to be high season, because the prices I find for hotels are sometimes duplicated, especially for may 15th. For example I found a pension for 140 euros that has a price at low season of 60 euros.
Right now I have a reservation for hotel K+K am Harras for 132 euros for the first night and 112 for the others. This hotel is about 20 minutes from city center. The difference between the first night and the others in this case is 20 euroa, while for a hotel in city centre was 80 euros (189 euros for the first night ... It was the adagio)
So, what I was thinking that it seems to be that the more you get out of town the less affected one gets for the high season increase of price for may 15th.
Is there anything like agriturismos in Italy that would be good to use as a town from which to begin trips to munich, and maybe Neuschwanstein or Salzburg or other places? We are thinking about nice places to stay, definitely more luxurious than the hotels I'm picking at the city centre for more or less similar prices (100-200 euros)?
If there are any of those agriturismos equivalent, How much would it cost to park in the public system parking places to get close to Munchen?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 2 Paris w/ Kids -- A family's first trip [report]
- 3 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 4 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 5 Royal Caribbean Cruise port to Arlanda, Stockholm airport
- 6 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 7 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 8 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 9 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 10 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 11 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Sentimental Journey
- 14 Walking GPS?
- 15 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 16 A few last minute questions
- 17 MID DECEMBER IN BUDAPEST
- 18 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 19 Venice Biennale to Feature Detroit...
- 20 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 21 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 22 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 23 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 24 2 weeks itinerary for Norway & Sweden
- 25 France: advice on where to go with young kids