My husband and I are going to Munchen for 2-3 days during a 16-days trip mainly to Prague and Lausanne.
We will arrive to Munchen on may 15th, and It seems to be high season, because the prices I find for hotels are sometimes duplicated, especially for may 15th. For example I found a pension for 140 euros that has a price at low season of 60 euros.
Right now I have a reservation for hotel K+K am Harras for 132 euros for the first night and 112 for the others. This hotel is about 20 minutes from city center. The difference between the first night and the others in this case is 20 euroa, while for a hotel in city centre was 80 euros (189 euros for the first night ... It was the adagio)
So, what I was thinking that it seems to be that the more you get out of town the less affected one gets for the high season increase of price for may 15th.
Is there anything like agriturismos in Italy that would be good to use as a town from which to begin trips to munich, and maybe Neuschwanstein or Salzburg or other places? We are thinking about nice places to stay, definitely more luxurious than the hotels I'm picking at the city centre for more or less similar prices (100-200 euros)?
If there are any of those agriturismos equivalent, How much would it cost to park in the public system parking places to get close to Munchen?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 2 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 3 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 4 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 5 What one thing in Paris?
- 6 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 9 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 10 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 11 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 12 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 13 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 14 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 15 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 16 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 17 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 18 6 days in Portugal in December
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 21 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 22 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 23 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 Northern Italy - where to go?