My husband and I are going to Munchen for 2-3 days during a 16-days trip mainly to Prague and Lausanne.
We will arrive to Munchen on may 15th, and It seems to be high season, because the prices I find for hotels are sometimes duplicated, especially for may 15th. For example I found a pension for 140 euros that has a price at low season of 60 euros.
Right now I have a reservation for hotel K+K am Harras for 132 euros for the first night and 112 for the others. This hotel is about 20 minutes from city center. The difference between the first night and the others in this case is 20 euroa, while for a hotel in city centre was 80 euros (189 euros for the first night ... It was the adagio)
So, what I was thinking that it seems to be that the more you get out of town the less affected one gets for the high season increase of price for may 15th.
Is there anything like agriturismos in Italy that would be good to use as a town from which to begin trips to munich, and maybe Neuschwanstein or Salzburg or other places? We are thinking about nice places to stay, definitely more luxurious than the hotels I'm picking at the city centre for more or less similar prices (100-200 euros)?
If there are any of those agriturismos equivalent, How much would it cost to park in the public system parking places to get close to Munchen?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in June/July
- 2 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 3 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 4 Montenegro in Sept/Oct
- 5 England/Scotland in January?
- 6 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 7 honeymoon eats and drinks
- 8 Alone in Paris
- 9 Change of plans - what to do between Granada and Malaga.
- 10 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 11 Ronda or Malaga as a base for Malaga Province?
- 12 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 13 Tickets to Saints Chapelle Concerts
- 14 London - Home From Home Apartment Rental Agency
- 15 Lipari Aeolian Islands
- 16 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 17 renting a car in Spain and driving to Portugal
- 18 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 19 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 20 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 21 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 22 lodging in/near madrid
- 23 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 24 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 25 Ephesus shuttle tours