Trying to convince my kids that Disney is crap and that we need to go Europe My work schedule only allows for travel between December and early March. I'm kind of over the beach destinations. My 10 y/o girl loves history/castles/animals etc, 15 y/o girl loves urban, shopping etc. Hubby and I love history, food and beer! Sadly for us, we do not do winter sports (but live in New England so the cold is not an issue). I was thinking of trying to plan out a 10 day Bruges/Berlin/Austria itinerary but am totally open to suggestions. I have never been to any of these places. I am looking for advice on cities to visit, things to see and more importantly best way to travel in to/ out of and between them. This would be the girls first visit out of US experience. The older one is a pretty picky eater and usually sways towards the vegetarian side of her diet. I speak very minimal french (I mention this as I dont know if English is commonly spoken in these places). I have visited and driven in Australia and Ireland, visited but not driven throughout Italy. I am not at all opposed to driving in new places!
Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a ton!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 2 travel around Spain
- 3 Another Question re Scotland
- 4 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 5 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 8 credit and debit cards
- 9 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 10 Where to stay in Umbria
- 11 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 12 2 weeks from southern italy
- 13 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 14 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 15 First Trip to Ireland
- 16 Dalmation coast in October?
- 17 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 18 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 19 Confused on which train pass
- 20 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 21 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 22 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 23 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 24 Best of Norway
- 25 Bus Strike