Trying to convince my kids that Disney is crap and that we need to go Europe My work schedule only allows for travel between December and early March. I'm kind of over the beach destinations. My 10 y/o girl loves history/castles/animals etc, 15 y/o girl loves urban, shopping etc. Hubby and I love history, food and beer! Sadly for us, we do not do winter sports (but live in New England so the cold is not an issue). I was thinking of trying to plan out a 10 day Bruges/Berlin/Austria itinerary but am totally open to suggestions. I have never been to any of these places. I am looking for advice on cities to visit, things to see and more importantly best way to travel in to/ out of and between them. This would be the girls first visit out of US experience. The older one is a pretty picky eater and usually sways towards the vegetarian side of her diet. I speak very minimal french (I mention this as I dont know if English is commonly spoken in these places). I have visited and driven in Australia and Ireland, visited but not driven throughout Italy. I am not at all opposed to driving in new places!
Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a ton!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 2 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 3 The specific levels of existence
- 4 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 5 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 6 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 7 dinner jackets
- 8 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 9 2 weeks Europe trip
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Cordoba Overnight?
- 13 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 14 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 15 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 16 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 17 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 18 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 19 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 20 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 21 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 22 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 25 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?