Trying to convince my kids that Disney is crap and that we need to go Europe My work schedule only allows for travel between December and early March. I'm kind of over the beach destinations. My 10 y/o girl loves history/castles/animals etc, 15 y/o girl loves urban, shopping etc. Hubby and I love history, food and beer! Sadly for us, we do not do winter sports (but live in New England so the cold is not an issue). I was thinking of trying to plan out a 10 day Bruges/Berlin/Austria itinerary but am totally open to suggestions. I have never been to any of these places. I am looking for advice on cities to visit, things to see and more importantly best way to travel in to/ out of and between them. This would be the girls first visit out of US experience. The older one is a pretty picky eater and usually sways towards the vegetarian side of her diet. I speak very minimal french (I mention this as I dont know if English is commonly spoken in these places). I have visited and driven in Australia and Ireland, visited but not driven throughout Italy. I am not at all opposed to driving in new places!
Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a ton!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 2 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 3 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 4 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 5 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 8 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 9 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 10 Appenzell in December?
- 11 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 12 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 13 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 14 Iceland in January/February
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 19 WWI Battlefields
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 24 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 25 Paris to Bordeaux