Trying to convince my kids that Disney is crap and that we need to go Europe My work schedule only allows for travel between December and early March. I'm kind of over the beach destinations. My 10 y/o girl loves history/castles/animals etc, 15 y/o girl loves urban, shopping etc. Hubby and I love history, food and beer! Sadly for us, we do not do winter sports (but live in New England so the cold is not an issue). I was thinking of trying to plan out a 10 day Bruges/Berlin/Austria itinerary but am totally open to suggestions. I have never been to any of these places. I am looking for advice on cities to visit, things to see and more importantly best way to travel in to/ out of and between them. This would be the girls first visit out of US experience. The older one is a pretty picky eater and usually sways towards the vegetarian side of her diet. I speak very minimal french (I mention this as I dont know if English is commonly spoken in these places). I have visited and driven in Australia and Ireland, visited but not driven throughout Italy. I am not at all opposed to driving in new places!
Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a ton!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 5 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 10 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 14 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 English Countryside
- 17 Tour of Northern Italy
- 18 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 19 Cognac transportation?
- 20 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 21 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 22 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 23 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 24 Granada to Madrid
- 25 San Sebastian