My son, who has survived years in New York and months in London unscathed, managed only three days in Barcelona before being held up at knife point. Yes, he was out alone at night -- but still, his experience makes me think that the many travel warnings about Spain ought to be well heeded. He survived unharmed and only slightly poorer, but has still decided to return home rather than continue on a few weeks as planned. In his words, Barcelona has all the grit and crime of the Third World, with the prices of the First. I was sorry to hear it about a city I've always wanted to visit. Just a heads up . . .
Mugged In Barcelona -- Trip Cut Short
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 2 Scotland Votes "No"
- 3 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 4 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 5 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 6 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 7 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 9 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 12 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 15 Plitvice Lakes, Croatia...is it worth the trip?
- 16 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 17 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 18 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 19 Air France strike
- 20 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 21 shortened trip to Italy
- 22 Gift for French business associate
- 23 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 24 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 25 Airbnb scam