My son, who has survived years in New York and months in London unscathed, managed only three days in Barcelona before being held up at knife point. Yes, he was out alone at night -- but still, his experience makes me think that the many travel warnings about Spain ought to be well heeded. He survived unharmed and only slightly poorer, but has still decided to return home rather than continue on a few weeks as planned. In his words, Barcelona has all the grit and crime of the Third World, with the prices of the First. I was sorry to hear it about a city I've always wanted to visit. Just a heads up . . .
Mugged In Barcelona -- Trip Cut Short
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 2 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 3 Which european city?
- 4 France,Spain,Italy
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 7 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 8 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 9 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 10 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 11 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 12 Scotland November 2015
- 13 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 14 Schengen Visa Rules
- 15 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 20 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 21 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 22 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 23 Portugal Trip
- 24 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 25 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015