My son, who has survived years in New York and months in London unscathed, managed only three days in Barcelona before being held up at knife point. Yes, he was out alone at night -- but still, his experience makes me think that the many travel warnings about Spain ought to be well heeded. He survived unharmed and only slightly poorer, but has still decided to return home rather than continue on a few weeks as planned. In his words, Barcelona has all the grit and crime of the Third World, with the prices of the First. I was sorry to hear it about a city I've always wanted to visit. Just a heads up . . .
Mugged In Barcelona -- Trip Cut Short
- 1 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 2 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 3 London at Xmas
- 4 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 5 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 6 Bank of England Museum
- 7 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 10 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 11 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 12 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 13 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 14 East coast trains
- 15 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 16 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 17 Which tour company would be best?
- 18 First night after arriving in Milan
- 19 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 20 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 21 France by rail or car?
- 22 Planning my days in Paris
- 23 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 24 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 25 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul