We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 4 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 5 My final Prague itinerary
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 8 test post
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 One week in Europe
- 11 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 multi city flights to europe
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 London Theater
- 16 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 17 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 18 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 19 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 20 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 21 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 22 Last minute trip to Capri
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 weekend from cologne germany
- 25 Globus Iberian Tour