We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 5 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Korean Messages
- 8 International Flight Question
- 9 Dijon in December!
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 13 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 14 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 19 6-7 Days in France
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 22 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 23 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 24 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017