We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 2 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 3 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 6 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 7 First trip to Italy
- 8 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 9 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 10 Granada to Madrid
- 11 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 12 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 13 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 House Hunting in France
- 15 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 16 Driving in Italy?
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 19 Croatia trip Planning
- 20 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 21 So much to do, so little time!
- 22 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 23 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions