We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii Daytrip from Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 2 Casual men's dress in Paris
- 3 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 4 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 5 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 6 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 7 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 10 England sites not to miss
- 11 month's stay in Italy
- 12 2 month backpacking though europe
- 13 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 14 naples & pickpockets
- 15 Scotland day tour
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 18 Wine tour from Verona?
- 19 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 20 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 21 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 22 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 23 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 24 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 25 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...