We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii Daytrip from Sorrento
- 1 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 2 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 3 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 4 Channel Islands
- 5 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 6 2 Week European Itinerary
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 9 Dresden Train Station
- 10 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 11 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 14 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 18 Chambermaid tipping
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Family European winter holiday
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France