We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 2 Prague old town
- 3 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 4 I forgot my international driver permit
- 5 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 6 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 7 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 8 Train Ticket Help
- 9 Home base for a month in France?
- 10 5 Days in Dublin
- 11 Greece in 15 Days
- 12 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 13 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 14 Our European adventures
- 15 20 free days of Europe
- 16 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 17 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 18 Bordeaux TRIP
- 19 Barcelona completely overrated
- 20 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 21 Naples or Genoa
- 22 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 23 Munich restaurant recs
- 24 Norway accessories and must have
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016