We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Day trips from Florence
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 10 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 13 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 18 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 19 Self drive tour companies
- 20 Rouen Tour Companies
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 Andalucia itinerary help
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 25 First Trip from Boston to Italy