We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall UK
- 2 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 3 Porto...Questions !
- 4 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 5 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 6 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 7 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 8 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 9 Charming areas to explore in London
- 10 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 11 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 12 I may be wrong....
- 13 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 14 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 15 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 16 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 17 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 18 Hydra, Greece
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 23 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 24 8 Hours in Rome
- 25 Golf Partner in Istanbul