We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG much improved
- 2 Budapest Hotels
- 3 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 4 Sicily Tour Service
- 5 Tips on driving in France
- 6 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 7 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 8 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 9 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 10 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 11 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 12 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 13 First trip to Italy
- 14 Travel vs. Babies
- 15 St Tropez vs Monaco
- 16 Trip Report on A Perfect Three Days in S. Corsica
- 17 Le Marche Research Help
- 18 Northern lights in December
- 19 Verona and Lake Garda
- 20 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 21 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 22 European Cooking Secrets
- 23 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 24 20 Days in Europe
- 25 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?