We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii Daytrip from Sorrento
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 2 England and Scotland
- 3 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 4 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 5 Dublin to Armagh?
- 6 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 7 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 8 Gite and/or agritourism
- 9 Apartment for family trip to London
- 10 Prebook B&Bs
- 11 Switzerland
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 14 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 20 days in Germany
- 17 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 18 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 19 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 20 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 23 Athens/Istanbul March
- 24 French open
- 25 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?