We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplimenthub.com/expert-lift-iq-eye-serum-fr/
- 2 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 3 Spain in December
- 4 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 5 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 6 Lay over time
- 7 want to come to Sweden Harnosand.
- 8 Greek Islands (small)
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 16 Flat in London
- 17 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 18 Help required with Itinerary
- 19 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 20 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 21 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 22 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 23 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 24 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 25 Skye to Edinburgh