We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavaria in August
- 2 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 3 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 4 help with 21 days-croatia
- 5 Luggage on trains/security?
- 6 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 7 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 8 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 9 The Rain in Spain and more
- 10 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 11 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 12 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 13 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 14 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 15 The DCC scam is spreading
- 16 London Paris
- 17 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 18 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 19 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 20 What clothes?
- 21 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 22 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 23 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 24 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 25 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip