We will be using Sorrento as a base for our September trip and are planning to do a day trip from Sorrento to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii. I realize that this might be a little rushed, but unfortunately, our schedule limits us to complete both in a day trip.
I am looking for some information on how to do this - what trains to take, how to get to the top of Mt. Vesuvius, how to get to Pompeii from Vesuvius, any helpful websites, etc. We wont have a car, and will be taking the trains and buses everywhere.
Also, if possible, we'd like to schedule the day in such a way that we avoid crowds as much as possible, although I realize that this may be impossible !
Thanks in advance all !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 2 http://thedropnet.com/curvy-bust
- 3 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 4 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 5 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 6 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 7 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 8 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 9 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 10 Provence to Nice driving
- 11 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 12 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 13 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 16 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 17 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 18 German Train travel
- 19 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 20 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 21 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 22 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 23 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 24 Barcelona on budget
- 25 Advice for England and France travels?