I am going to move to London for work and I am looking for some recommendations and advice on where to live.
I am a young, single professional and my work will be based in Canary Wharf. My salary is likely to be about £55,000. I prefer to live alone, as I have had enough with flat/house share. I am happy with a small studio or one bedder.
Ideally, I'd like to live in a relatively safe area on the Jubilee line or the DLR line that links to Canary Wharf. I would also love for the the maximum time for a one way commute to work to take a maximum of 30 minutes.
My budget for rent is maximum £320 per week for rent. I understand that bills and council tax is likely to add £100 - £120 per week to that.
I would be really grateful for any suggestions or advice, including whether assuming that I can pay up to £320 in rent per week on a £55K salary is realistic with the expense of living in London and is likely to get me a place with the type of features I am looking for.
Also, if you have any suggestions about the best sites to search for rentals, that would be great. I know rightmove.co.uk is one of them. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 2 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 5 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 6 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 7 Rental car in Menton
- 8 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 9 Italy
- 10 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 11 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 12 Canal du Midi
- 13 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 14 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 17 Barcelona and...
- 18 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 19 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 20 February in Florence
- 21 Praiana to Positano
- 22 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 Family vacation to europe
- 25 Day in Madrid