I am going to move to London for work and I am looking for some recommendations and advice on where to live.
I am a young, single professional and my work will be based in Canary Wharf. My salary is likely to be about £55,000. I prefer to live alone, as I have had enough with flat/house share. I am happy with a small studio or one bedder.
Ideally, I'd like to live in a relatively safe area on the Jubilee line or the DLR line that links to Canary Wharf. I would also love for the the maximum time for a one way commute to work to take a maximum of 30 minutes.
My budget for rent is maximum £320 per week for rent. I understand that bills and council tax is likely to add £100 - £120 per week to that.
I would be really grateful for any suggestions or advice, including whether assuming that I can pay up to £320 in rent per week on a £55K salary is realistic with the expense of living in London and is likely to get me a place with the type of features I am looking for.
Also, if you have any suggestions about the best sites to search for rentals, that would be great. I know rightmove.co.uk is one of them. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Places of interest
- 2 getting to CDG
- 3 Croatia transportation question.
- 4 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 5 Ireland hotel questions
- 6 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 7 vienna
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Croatia Ferry Help
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 17 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 18 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 19 Switzerland in November?
- 20 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 21 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 24 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 25 Barcelona cooking classes