I am going to move to London for work and I am looking for some recommendations and advice on where to live.
I am a young, single professional and my work will be based in Canary Wharf. My salary is likely to be about £55,000. I prefer to live alone, as I have had enough with flat/house share. I am happy with a small studio or one bedder.
Ideally, I'd like to live in a relatively safe area on the Jubilee line or the DLR line that links to Canary Wharf. I would also love for the the maximum time for a one way commute to work to take a maximum of 30 minutes.
My budget for rent is maximum £320 per week for rent. I understand that bills and council tax is likely to add £100 - £120 per week to that.
I would be really grateful for any suggestions or advice, including whether assuming that I can pay up to £320 in rent per week on a £55K salary is realistic with the expense of living in London and is likely to get me a place with the type of features I am looking for.
Also, if you have any suggestions about the best sites to search for rentals, that would be great. I know rightmove.co.uk is one of them. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands (small)
- 2 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 3 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 4 Spain in December
- 5 K-Day
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 8 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 9 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 10 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 11 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 15 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 16 Lay over time
- 17 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 18 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen