I am going to move to London for work and I am looking for some recommendations and advice on where to live.
I am a young, single professional and my work will be based in Canary Wharf. My salary is likely to be about £55,000. I prefer to live alone, as I have had enough with flat/house share. I am happy with a small studio or one bedder.
Ideally, I'd like to live in a relatively safe area on the Jubilee line or the DLR line that links to Canary Wharf. I would also love for the the maximum time for a one way commute to work to take a maximum of 30 minutes.
My budget for rent is maximum £320 per week for rent. I understand that bills and council tax is likely to add £100 - £120 per week to that.
I would be really grateful for any suggestions or advice, including whether assuming that I can pay up to £320 in rent per week on a £55K salary is realistic with the expense of living in London and is likely to get me a place with the type of features I am looking for.
Also, if you have any suggestions about the best sites to search for rentals, that would be great. I know rightmove.co.uk is one of them. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Place to stay
- 2 CROATIA, SLOVENIA 16 days itinerary help
- 3 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 4 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 London advice
- 7 London 7 Day Paper Travelcard clarification
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 10 Eating in Italy with food allergies
- 11 Another Question re Scotland
- 12 Train up the Jungfrau
- 13 Charming areas to explore in London
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Valencia, Spain
- 16 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 17 Visit to Engand
- 18 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 19 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 22 Driver"s License & Language
- 23 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 25 credit and debit cards