I am going to move to London for work and I am looking for some recommendations and advice on where to live.
I am a young, single professional and my work will be based in Canary Wharf. My salary is likely to be about £55,000. I prefer to live alone, as I have had enough with flat/house share. I am happy with a small studio or one bedder.
Ideally, I'd like to live in a relatively safe area on the Jubilee line or the DLR line that links to Canary Wharf. I would also love for the the maximum time for a one way commute to work to take a maximum of 30 minutes.
My budget for rent is maximum £320 per week for rent. I understand that bills and council tax is likely to add £100 - £120 per week to that.
I would be really grateful for any suggestions or advice, including whether assuming that I can pay up to £320 in rent per week on a £55K salary is realistic with the expense of living in London and is likely to get me a place with the type of features I am looking for.
Also, if you have any suggestions about the best sites to search for rentals, that would be great. I know rightmove.co.uk is one of them. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 2 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 3 Lake Como AREA questions
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Madrird and Seville
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Greece
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 12 Help on ancient history route
- 13 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 16 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 17 Iceland
- 18 Spain - day driver advice
- 19 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 20 London with Teens Trip Report
- 21 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 22 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 23 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 24 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 25 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)