The idea of touring France by motorhome and houseboat was very appealing to us because we wanted to prepare our own meals and experience the various regional foodstuffs. However our well-travelled friends told us that the campgrounds would not be as nice as the state parks in America and, in fact, approached congested shanty towns. They also said that for the most part, the the rivers were filthy and polluted, and we would have to put up with the stench from things such as sewage, industrial waste, etc.
Needless to say, this has had a chilling effect on our travel plans for the Autumn of 1998. I would greatly appreciate confirmation or contradiction of this information and, if you contradict it, I would appreciate any and all reference sources we could us in planning this type of trip.
Lawrence B. Chase
- 1 Just back from 15 days in Switzerland
- 2 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 3 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 4 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 5 Help for first timers
- 6 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 7 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 8 Affordable London Hotel
- 9 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 10 Parisian Pickpockets
- 11 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 12 Paris Ticket t+
- 13 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 14 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 15 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 16 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 17 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 18 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 19 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 20 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 21 Benita In Paris
- 22 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 23 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 24 Driving through Europe
- 25 Romania Tour Guide