This May we are hiring a camper/motorhome & touring around Italy.
I really need some help on the Amalfi coast area.
I have heard you should not drive along the amalfi coast especially in a camper.
Was thinking it would be a good idea to base ourselves somewhere like Sorrento & then just make day trips to Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Salerno, Capri etc,itit even thought it may be a good idea to leave the motorhome for a few days & just book a hotel so we stay near all we want to see & do so we don't have to make day trips.
Has anybody done this before in a camper or recommend any campsites?
Any help will be truly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 2 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 5 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 6 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 7 Rental car in Menton
- 8 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 9 Italy
- 10 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 11 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 12 Canal du Midi
- 13 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 14 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 17 Barcelona and...
- 18 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 19 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 20 February in Florence
- 21 Praiana to Positano
- 22 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 Family vacation to europe
- 25 Day in Madrid