This May we are hiring a camper/motorhome & touring around Italy.
I really need some help on the Amalfi coast area.
I have heard you should not drive along the amalfi coast especially in a camper.
Was thinking it would be a good idea to base ourselves somewhere like Sorrento & then just make day trips to Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Salerno, Capri etc,itit even thought it may be a good idea to leave the motorhome for a few days & just book a hotel so we stay near all we want to see & do so we don't have to make day trips.
Has anybody done this before in a camper or recommend any campsites?
Any help will be truly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands (small)
- 2 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 3 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 4 Spain in December
- 5 K-Day
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 8 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 9 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 10 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 11 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 15 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 16 Lay over time
- 17 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 18 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen