I am currently a sophomore in college and I am planning a trip after I graduate. What I would really like to do is ride a motorcycle along the Mediterranean coast (from Spain to Turkey). Here are some questions...
1. Should I buy a motorcycle over there? Or buy one here and ship it?
2. How much would it cost to ship?
3. Do I need an international drivers license from AAA?
4. How would I register my bike?
5. Would my insurance from USAA cover me?
6. Would it be better to do it on a moped?
7. Is this a realistic idea?
I don't want to rent a bike because I would like to stay for a long time.
Any info is helpful.
Motorcycle tour of Europe
- 1 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 2 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 3 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 4 First time to paris...4day stay..what to do?
- 5 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 6 Retirement Vacation
- 7 Guided Tour recommendation for Pere-Lachaise Cemetery needed
- 8 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 9 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 10 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 11 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 12 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 13 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 14 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 15 Almalfi in Late March??
- 16 Edinburgh
- 17 Four Days in Seville
- 18 Tour-Free Travel
- 19 London Evening Activity
- 20 Where to Buy Marionettes in Prague?
- 21 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 22 Planning my days in Paris
- 23 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 24 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 25 Palace of Versailles guided tours