I am currently a sophomore in college and I am planning a trip after I graduate. What I would really like to do is ride a motorcycle along the Mediterranean coast (from Spain to Turkey). Here are some questions...
1. Should I buy a motorcycle over there? Or buy one here and ship it?
2. How much would it cost to ship?
3. Do I need an international drivers license from AAA?
4. How would I register my bike?
5. Would my insurance from USAA cover me?
6. Would it be better to do it on a moped?
7. Is this a realistic idea?
I don't want to rent a bike because I would like to stay for a long time.
Any info is helpful.
Motorcycle tour of Europe
- 1 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 2 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 Advises for trip to Russia
- 5 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 6 First time traveler to Ireland
- 7 Prague - must see
- 8 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 9 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 10 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 15 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 16 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 17 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 18 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 19 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 20 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 21 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 22 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 23 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 24 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 25 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?