I am currently a sophomore in college and I am planning a trip after I graduate. What I would really like to do is ride a motorcycle along the Mediterranean coast (from Spain to Turkey). Here are some questions...
1. Should I buy a motorcycle over there? Or buy one here and ship it?
2. How much would it cost to ship?
3. Do I need an international drivers license from AAA?
4. How would I register my bike?
5. Would my insurance from USAA cover me?
6. Would it be better to do it on a moped?
7. Is this a realistic idea?
I don't want to rent a bike because I would like to stay for a long time.
Any info is helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Travel in March
- 2 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 5 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 6 We are back!
- 7 Enjoying England for a year!
- 8 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 9 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 10 Europe itinerary review
- 11 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 12 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 13 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 14 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 15 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 16 Greece Itinerary
- 17 Europe itinerary
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 20 Renting International Cars from USA
- 21 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 22 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 23 Wine Tour in Florence/Tuscany
- 24 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 25 Itinerary Critique, please?