I am currently a sophomore in college and I am planning a trip after I graduate. What I would really like to do is ride a motorcycle along the Mediterranean coast (from Spain to Turkey). Here are some questions...
1. Should I buy a motorcycle over there? Or buy one here and ship it?
2. How much would it cost to ship?
3. Do I need an international drivers license from AAA?
4. How would I register my bike?
5. Would my insurance from USAA cover me?
6. Would it be better to do it on a moped?
7. Is this a realistic idea?
I don't want to rent a bike because I would like to stay for a long time.
Any info is helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence and Rome
- 2 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 3 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 4 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 5 Amalfi October 16-25
- 6 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 7 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 8 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 9 21 nights in England, please help
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 12 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 13 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 14 Trip report European honeymoon
- 15 Ireland-3 Weeks, 3 Bases
- 16 Sentimental Journey
- 17 Need advice on Greek islands
- 18 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 19 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 20 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 21 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 24 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 25 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.