I am currently a sophomore in college and I am planning a trip after I graduate. What I would really like to do is ride a motorcycle along the Mediterranean coast (from Spain to Turkey). Here are some questions...
1. Should I buy a motorcycle over there? Or buy one here and ship it?
2. How much would it cost to ship?
3. Do I need an international drivers license from AAA?
4. How would I register my bike?
5. Would my insurance from USAA cover me?
6. Would it be better to do it on a moped?
7. Is this a realistic idea?
I don't want to rent a bike because I would like to stay for a long time.
Any info is helpful.
Motorcycle tour of Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 4 All Set To Go!!
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Which european city?
- 8 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Italy Countryside
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 French Basque region
- 13 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 14 Vegan in Germany?
- 15 VISA question
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 18 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 19 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 20 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 21 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 22 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 25 biking tours in Italy?