I am currently a sophomore in college and I am planning a trip after I graduate. What I would really like to do is ride a motorcycle along the Mediterranean coast (from Spain to Turkey). Here are some questions...
1. Should I buy a motorcycle over there? Or buy one here and ship it?
2. How much would it cost to ship?
3. Do I need an international drivers license from AAA?
4. How would I register my bike?
5. Would my insurance from USAA cover me?
6. Would it be better to do it on a moped?
7. Is this a realistic idea?
I don't want to rent a bike because I would like to stay for a long time.
Any info is helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 2 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 3 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 6 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 9 Tattoos in Italy
- 10 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 11 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 12 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 13 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 14 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 15 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 16 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 17 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 18 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 19 Night Bus?
- 20 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 21 Spain in November
- 22 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 23 Shall we Gdansk?
- 24 What Car Rental Agency in Italy?
- 25 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport