We are planning on starting to visit Europe by doing 3-4 week motor home vacations. If it works then we will continue with other countries. Transport in and around cities could be via trains, buses or bikes we will have with us.
Our first choice is Italy and seeing as I have 4 weeks allocated I think either the North or South would be better than trying to do the whole Italy.
We would really love to see all of the main attractions but also visit the history of the country.
Does any body have a route suggestion or know of where I can get a plan from. I have no idea at this point other than we intend to land in Rome and possible start from there and end back there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months in Sicily
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 7 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Azores
- 12 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 13 Sundays in Puglia
- 14 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 15 Prague
- 16 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 17 What tips can you give about packing?
- 18 Sim Card Options
- 19 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 20 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 21 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 22 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 23 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.