We are planning on starting to visit Europe by doing 3-4 week motor home vacations. If it works then we will continue with other countries. Transport in and around cities could be via trains, buses or bikes we will have with us.
Our first choice is Italy and seeing as I have 4 weeks allocated I think either the North or South would be better than trying to do the whole Italy.
We would really love to see all of the main attractions but also visit the history of the country.
Does any body have a route suggestion or know of where I can get a plan from. I have no idea at this point other than we intend to land in Rome and possible start from there and end back there.
Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sorry! Another Venice Hotel Location
- 2 What to buy in Prague, Vienna, or Budapest that we can't get in the US?
- 3 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 4 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 5 Do trains run past midnight???
- 6 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 7 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 8 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 9 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 10 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 11 Venice - boats on canals
- 12 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 13 Barcelona for single female
- 14 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 15 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 16 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 17 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 18 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 19 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 20 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 21 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 22 Help for San Sebastian
- 23 Newgrange to Galway
- 24 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 25 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?