We are planning on starting to visit Europe by doing 3-4 week motor home vacations. If it works then we will continue with other countries. Transport in and around cities could be via trains, buses or bikes we will have with us.
Our first choice is Italy and seeing as I have 4 weeks allocated I think either the North or South would be better than trying to do the whole Italy.
We would really love to see all of the main attractions but also visit the history of the country.
Does any body have a route suggestion or know of where I can get a plan from. I have no idea at this point other than we intend to land in Rome and possible start from there and end back there.
Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pyrenees logistics
- 2 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 3 Italy
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 6 Azores
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 9 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 10 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 13 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 14 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 15 Taormina to Palermo
- 16 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 17 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 18 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 19 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 20 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 21 caroline_venezia
- 22 Taormina Sicily
- 23 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 24 Italy dolomites
- 25 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?