I am trying to plan a week's vacation to celebrate my 50th and my mother's 75th birthdays. Probably late June or early July. My mom has been most places, so finding something new isn't easy. However, neither of us has been to Budapest and the architecture and culture seem fascinating. Would you spend a week in Budapest? Are there interesting sites within a day's trip? My preference is not to change hotels, as a week really ends up only 6 nights once you get there, but I'm not adamant on the point. We both are interested in art, history, architecture, food, theater - I'd love suggestions in, or around, Budapest. Thank you in advance!!
Mother Daughter Week in Budapest (and ?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tight Planning?
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 5 What are the best places to see in England
- 6 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 7 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 8 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 9 Travel with Teens
- 10 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 11 Estonia Amber
- 12 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 15 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 16 One week in Venice - trips
- 17 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 18 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 19 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 20 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 21 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 22 UK for 12 days !
- 23 Italy
- 24 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 25 accommodation woes - Sicily