I wrote about this last year and now our plans, or at least the dates of our plans, are shoring up. We are planning our trip for the last two weeks of May 2016. I would like to stay for two weeks in order to see what both of us are excited about. My daughter will be finishing her junior year in college. She is the history fanatic, especially interested in all things medieval, castles, architectural history, the Celtic culture, medieval churches and castles, etc. We are most interested in Edinburgh, York, the Cotswolds, and London, but she also has expressed an interest in Nottingham (loves Robin Hood
"But if you have 2 weeks "on the Ground" I think you can fit it all in. One option might be: Fly into EDI or GLA and spend 3 nights/2.5 days in Edinburgh, Take the train to York and spend 1 night/1.5 days. Pick up a car and drive down to the Cotswolds - spend 3 or 4 nights. Then drive to LHR, drop the car and spend the last 6 or so days in London. Fly home. (or you do it in reverse.)"
janis, I really like this plan, but wonder how hard/long of a drive is it from York to the Cotswolds? I am not totally confident with my driving, I "think" I could do it, but.....The only other thought is for us to skip Edinburgh and just stay with York, the Cotswolds, (maybe Nottingham) and London. I don't want to overplan and overdo, but I don't want to have the two weeks and wish that maybe we would have seen more parts of the UK
either. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piedmont as a destination
- 2 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 3 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 4 Passport proplems
- 5 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 6 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 7 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 8 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 9 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 12 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 15 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 18 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 19 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 20 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 21 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 22 Itinerary help...
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 25 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels