I wrote about this last year and now our plans, or at least the dates of our plans, are shoring up. We are planning our trip for the last two weeks of May 2016. I would like to stay for two weeks in order to see what both of us are excited about. My daughter will be finishing her junior year in college. She is the history fanatic, especially interested in all things medieval, castles, architectural history, the Celtic culture, medieval churches and castles, etc. We are most interested in Edinburgh, York, the Cotswolds, and London, but she also has expressed an interest in Nottingham (loves Robin Hood
"But if you have 2 weeks "on the Ground" I think you can fit it all in. One option might be: Fly into EDI or GLA and spend 3 nights/2.5 days in Edinburgh, Take the train to York and spend 1 night/1.5 days. Pick up a car and drive down to the Cotswolds - spend 3 or 4 nights. Then drive to LHR, drop the car and spend the last 6 or so days in London. Fly home. (or you do it in reverse.)"
janis, I really like this plan, but wonder how hard/long of a drive is it from York to the Cotswolds? I am not totally confident with my driving, I "think" I could do it, but.....The only other thought is for us to skip Edinburgh and just stay with York, the Cotswolds, (maybe Nottingham) and London. I don't want to overplan and overdo, but I don't want to have the two weeks and wish that maybe we would have seen more parts of the UK
either. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 multi city flights to europe
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Switzerland in September
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 London Theater
- 6 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 7 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 8 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 9 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 14 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 15 My final Prague itinerary
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 weekend from cologne germany
- 19 Globus Iberian Tour
- 20 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 21 13 nights in switzerland
- 22 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 23 Earthquake near Naples
- 24 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017