I wrote about this last year and now our plans, or at least the dates of our plans, are shoring up. We are planning our trip for the last two weeks of May 2016. I would like to stay for two weeks in order to see what both of us are excited about. My daughter will be finishing her junior year in college. She is the history fanatic, especially interested in all things medieval, castles, architectural history, the Celtic culture, medieval churches and castles, etc. We are most interested in Edinburgh, York, the Cotswolds, and London, but she also has expressed an interest in Nottingham (loves Robin Hood
"But if you have 2 weeks "on the Ground" I think you can fit it all in. One option might be: Fly into EDI or GLA and spend 3 nights/2.5 days in Edinburgh, Take the train to York and spend 1 night/1.5 days. Pick up a car and drive down to the Cotswolds - spend 3 or 4 nights. Then drive to LHR, drop the car and spend the last 6 or so days in London. Fly home. (or you do it in reverse.)"
janis, I really like this plan, but wonder how hard/long of a drive is it from York to the Cotswolds? I am not totally confident with my driving, I "think" I could do it, but.....The only other thought is for us to skip Edinburgh and just stay with York, the Cotswolds, (maybe Nottingham) and London. I don't want to overplan and overdo, but I don't want to have the two weeks and wish that maybe we would have seen more parts of the UK
either. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LIsbon
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 4 Back from Paris
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 London Hotels
- 7 Iceland in 7 days.
- 8 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 10 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 19 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 20 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please