We will be in Italy in August and are planning to drive through Tuscany starting from La Spezia (after visiting Cinque Terre) and going down to Rome. We plan to stop in small towns along the way and stay a few nights in the area. While we are excited to explore these Tuscan cities, we really are looking most forward to the actual drive through the country side. Does anyone have any suggestions for the most scenic route, like which cities to pass by/through? I've glanced through a bunch of guidebooks, but its hard to find the best route that would end in Rome. Thanks!
Most scenic Tuscan drive? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 2 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 3 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 4 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 5 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 6 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 7 Amalfi Coast in October
- 8 Paris in black and white
- 9 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 10 Terrorism in Europe
- 11 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 12 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 15 Never To Return
- 16 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 17 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 18 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 19 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 20 eateries in Puglia
- 21 Rome to Amafi coast
- 22 How much luggage?????
- 23 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 24 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata