We will be in Italy in August and are planning to drive through Tuscany starting from La Spezia (after visiting Cinque Terre) and going down to Rome. We plan to stop in small towns along the way and stay a few nights in the area. While we are excited to explore these Tuscan cities, we really are looking most forward to the actual drive through the country side. Does anyone have any suggestions for the most scenic route, like which cities to pass by/through? I've glanced through a bunch of guidebooks, but its hard to find the best route that would end in Rome. Thanks!
Most scenic Tuscan drive? Any suggestions?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 3 2 Week European Itinerary
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 TGV and Provence questions
- 6 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 7 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 8 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 9 Channel Islands
- 10 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 11 Dresden Train Station
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Family European winter holiday
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 23 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?