We will be in Italy in August and are planning to drive through Tuscany starting from La Spezia (after visiting Cinque Terre) and going down to Rome. We plan to stop in small towns along the way and stay a few nights in the area. While we are excited to explore these Tuscan cities, we really are looking most forward to the actual drive through the country side. Does anyone have any suggestions for the most scenic route, like which cities to pass by/through? I've glanced through a bunch of guidebooks, but its hard to find the best route that would end in Rome. Thanks!
Most scenic Tuscan drive? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 2 Germany for 3 weeks
- 3 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 4 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 5 rail pass
- 6 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 7 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 8 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 9 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 10 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 11 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 12 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 13 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 14 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 15 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 16 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 17 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 18 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 19 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 20 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 21 Great restaurants in Italy
- 22 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 23 Scotland and northern England
- 24 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 25 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report