We will be in Italy in August and are planning to drive through Tuscany starting from La Spezia (after visiting Cinque Terre) and going down to Rome. We plan to stop in small towns along the way and stay a few nights in the area. While we are excited to explore these Tuscan cities, we really are looking most forward to the actual drive through the country side. Does anyone have any suggestions for the most scenic route, like which cities to pass by/through? I've glanced through a bunch of guidebooks, but its hard to find the best route that would end in Rome. Thanks!
Most scenic Tuscan drive? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 2 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 3 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 8 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 9 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 12 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 13 Rome Food Tour
- 14 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 17 First Time to UK since 2001
- 18 Help with England/Wales tour
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Autumn in Paris
- 21 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 22 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 23 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 25 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!