We will be in Italy in August and are planning to drive through Tuscany starting from La Spezia (after visiting Cinque Terre) and going down to Rome. We plan to stop in small towns along the way and stay a few nights in the area. While we are excited to explore these Tuscan cities, we really are looking most forward to the actual drive through the country side. Does anyone have any suggestions for the most scenic route, like which cities to pass by/through? I've glanced through a bunch of guidebooks, but its hard to find the best route that would end in Rome. Thanks!
Most scenic Tuscan drive? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 2 Schengen Visa Rules
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 7 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 10 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 11 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 12 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 13 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 14 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 15 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 16 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 17 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 18 Is my plan ok
- 19 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 20 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 21 5 Observations About Paris
- 22 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 23 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 24 Southern Spain
- 25 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany