I will be in Rome in mid April for 2 days on my own, before travelling to Florence for an Italian language course. Can anyone recommend the most central and safest areas for a middle aged woman on her own to stay in. First time in Rome so have no idea where to stay. I would prefer something within walking distance to major attractions, but also an area which is safe at night and close to eating places. My budget is modest, and location is more important to me than luxury. Many thanks.
most convenient area in Rome for single woman
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 2 I dream of Europe
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 5 Reykjavik hotels
- 6 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 9 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 10 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 11 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 15 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 16 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 17 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 18 Help with England/Wales tour
- 19 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 20 Hotels that we found special
- 21 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 22 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 23 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 24 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 25 Portugal or Bulgaria