I am leaving on vacation with my family in less than 5 days. We are a couple in our mid 30s and our 3 year old boy. Would appreciate help from Fodorites.
I am putting down the details of my trip below. I am a little unsure of the Mosel valley and Blackforest part of the trip. All help appreciated..
26th June - Fly into Brussels and leave for Brugges the same day
26th - 29th June (3 nights) - Brugges (Belgium)
29th June - Leave for Ernst (5 Km from Cochem) - by train (would most likely arrive by late evening)
29 June - 2nd July - 3 nights at Ernst
2rd - 4th July (2 nights) - Plan to spend it in the Black Forest towns
4th - 6th July (2 nights) - Fussen
6th - 9th July (3 nights) - Munich
9th - 12th July (3 nights) - Zell Am See (Austria)
12 July - Leave for Vienna and fly out on 13th July
Now the help that I require:
We were initially thinking of taking the romantic road, but after reading reports of the black forest, decided to take this route.
I am looking for good scenery with an option to stop at small quaint towns. I would like to visit the Cockoo clock factory, the waterfalls and maybe take short hikes / walks (here we might be a little constrained because of our little boy).
We are looking at a 2 night stop, on our way from Cochem to Fussen.
1. I would like to avoid large towns like Baden Baden and feel we should stay at either Gengenbach or Schiltach.
Considering the driving distance, would like to take a stop before these places - any suggestions?
2. I read posts on car vs train and am still a little undecided. Do we need a car to move around in the Mosel valley? Would it be more convenient?
Also can the Black forest be enjoyed by train?
Any suggestions / comments are welcome.
Thanks a lot.. Look forward to hearing for you on this..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 2 Venice
- 3 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 4 London 2For1 question
- 5 Austria**+27737016174~lost lover back/Divorce spells Cape Town,Pretoria,USA
- 6 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 7 ~Europe/UK/USA*+27737016174`herbalist healers South Africa,love spells,Iran
- 8 ~UK**+27737016174~herbalist healers in*Polokwane,Europe,USA,Russia
- 9 USA**+27737016174`Herbalist healers in Europe,England,London
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 12 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 13 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 17 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Porto and vicinity
- 21 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 22 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 23 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 24 Norway fjord
- 25 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!