My wife and I, and another couple (ages 45-55) will be visiting Moscow for four days in late October. I have researched and read on the city.. Hotel and flights already booked.. I am looking into a couple guided tours for probably two of the days... I have a couple questions for anyone who can answer or offer an opinion....
How easy is the metro to use?... are there any signs in english?.. I have tried learning some basic russion but find the language pretty difficult... We would like to roam around on our own in teh evenings but I have this fear of being lost and roaming around like an idiot for days in Moscow..
Also... When we travel, we like to get out of big cities for a day when we can and see a small town.. Is this possible in Moscow?.. Any suggestions on a day trip out of the city, and how to get there?.. does the metro run to any smaller towns?
Ome last question... Should I have any concerns about what I take into Russia?.. I want to take my DSLR camera and some gear but have read about people having problems leaving with the gear... I read that they are very picky about proving that you didnt buy it tere, and about what you bring in..
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 5 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 6 A week in Croatia with kids
- 7 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 10 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece