My wife and I, and another couple (ages 45-55) will be visiting Moscow for four days in late October. I have researched and read on the city.. Hotel and flights already booked.. I am looking into a couple guided tours for probably two of the days... I have a couple questions for anyone who can answer or offer an opinion....
How easy is the metro to use?... are there any signs in english?.. I have tried learning some basic russion but find the language pretty difficult... We would like to roam around on our own in teh evenings but I have this fear of being lost and roaming around like an idiot for days in Moscow..
Also... When we travel, we like to get out of big cities for a day when we can and see a small town.. Is this possible in Moscow?.. Any suggestions on a day trip out of the city, and how to get there?.. does the metro run to any smaller towns?
Ome last question... Should I have any concerns about what I take into Russia?.. I want to take my DSLR camera and some gear but have read about people having problems leaving with the gear... I read that they are very picky about proving that you didnt buy it tere, and about what you bring in..
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Moscow in October
- 1 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 2 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 3 Spain - Andalucia
- 4 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 5 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 8 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 9 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 12 One more last question on Bayeux
- 13 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 14 Medieval Tallinn
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Italian language schools
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 When to visit Provence updated info
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins