My wife and I, and another couple (ages 45-55) will be visiting Moscow for four days in late October. I have researched and read on the city.. Hotel and flights already booked.. I am looking into a couple guided tours for probably two of the days... I have a couple questions for anyone who can answer or offer an opinion....
How easy is the metro to use?... are there any signs in english?.. I have tried learning some basic russion but find the language pretty difficult... We would like to roam around on our own in teh evenings but I have this fear of being lost and roaming around like an idiot for days in Moscow..
Also... When we travel, we like to get out of big cities for a day when we can and see a small town.. Is this possible in Moscow?.. Any suggestions on a day trip out of the city, and how to get there?.. does the metro run to any smaller towns?
Ome last question... Should I have any concerns about what I take into Russia?.. I want to take my DSLR camera and some gear but have read about people having problems leaving with the gear... I read that they are very picky about proving that you didnt buy it tere, and about what you bring in..
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 2 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 5 Sim Card
- 6 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 7 SE ITALY
- 8 Transport for local Venice travel
- 9 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 10 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 13 Borghese Gallery Question
- 14 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 18 Sicily help
- 19 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 20 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 21 Towns around Lucca
- 22 Cork questions
- 23 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 24 Italy Vacation
- 25 Stu Tower