My wife and I, and another couple (ages 45-55) will be visiting Moscow for four days in late October. I have researched and read on the city.. Hotel and flights already booked.. I am looking into a couple guided tours for probably two of the days... I have a couple questions for anyone who can answer or offer an opinion....
How easy is the metro to use?... are there any signs in english?.. I have tried learning some basic russion but find the language pretty difficult... We would like to roam around on our own in teh evenings but I have this fear of being lost and roaming around like an idiot for days in Moscow..
Also... When we travel, we like to get out of big cities for a day when we can and see a small town.. Is this possible in Moscow?.. Any suggestions on a day trip out of the city, and how to get there?.. does the metro run to any smaller towns?
Ome last question... Should I have any concerns about what I take into Russia?.. I want to take my DSLR camera and some gear but have read about people having problems leaving with the gear... I read that they are very picky about proving that you didnt buy it tere, and about what you bring in..
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Attending Church in Rome?
- 2 Sim card in Nice, France
- 3 Cinque Terre
- 4 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 5 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 6 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 7 Enticing Iceland - Our week-long trip around the south
- 8 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 9 Late October Trip in France
- 10 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 11 Grossglockner Road help
- 12 4 days trip to Barcelona
- 13 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 14 Exchanging Dollars for Euros - Best before leaving or after arriving?
- 15 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 16 London-Paris summer 2016
- 17 Bull fighting Bilbao Spain
- 18 Malaga resort day pass ?
- 19 Cell Phones in France
- 20 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 21 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 22 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 23 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 24 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 25 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?