My wife and I, and another couple (ages 45-55) will be visiting Moscow for four days in late October. I have researched and read on the city.. Hotel and flights already booked.. I am looking into a couple guided tours for probably two of the days... I have a couple questions for anyone who can answer or offer an opinion....
How easy is the metro to use?... are there any signs in english?.. I have tried learning some basic russion but find the language pretty difficult... We would like to roam around on our own in teh evenings but I have this fear of being lost and roaming around like an idiot for days in Moscow..
Also... When we travel, we like to get out of big cities for a day when we can and see a small town.. Is this possible in Moscow?.. Any suggestions on a day trip out of the city, and how to get there?.. does the metro run to any smaller towns?
Ome last question... Should I have any concerns about what I take into Russia?.. I want to take my DSLR camera and some gear but have read about people having problems leaving with the gear... I read that they are very picky about proving that you didnt buy it tere, and about what you bring in..
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Moscow in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Home Base in Belgium
- 2 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 3 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 4 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 5 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 6 Help planning Sicily Itinerary
- 7 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 8 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 9 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 10 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 11 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 16 Back to Provence in 2015
- 17 Spain trip report
- 18 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 19 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 20 Rocamaxour
- 21 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 22 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 23 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 24 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 25 Day Trips from Paris