My wife and I, and another couple (ages 45-55) will be visiting Moscow for four days in late October. I have researched and read on the city.. Hotel and flights already booked.. I am looking into a couple guided tours for probably two of the days... I have a couple questions for anyone who can answer or offer an opinion....
How easy is the metro to use?... are there any signs in english?.. I have tried learning some basic russion but find the language pretty difficult... We would like to roam around on our own in teh evenings but I have this fear of being lost and roaming around like an idiot for days in Moscow..
Also... When we travel, we like to get out of big cities for a day when we can and see a small town.. Is this possible in Moscow?.. Any suggestions on a day trip out of the city, and how to get there?.. does the metro run to any smaller towns?
Ome last question... Should I have any concerns about what I take into Russia?.. I want to take my DSLR camera and some gear but have read about people having problems leaving with the gear... I read that they are very picky about proving that you didnt buy it tere, and about what you bring in..
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VRBO Neighborhood
- 2 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 3 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 4 Enjoying England for a year!
- 5 Madrid city centre?
- 6 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 7 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 Ireland driving itinerary
- 10 Europe itinerary
- 11 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 12 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 13 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 14 French Riviera
- 15 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 16 Southern Italy
- 17 Trip Report: Hungary & Romania, May-June 2005. Re-posted to eliminate errors.
- 18 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 19 England in a week - what's realistic
- 20 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 21 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 22 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 23 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 24 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 25 AIr France on strike ... as usual.