My wife and I, and another couple (ages 45-55) will be visiting Moscow for four days in late October. I have researched and read on the city.. Hotel and flights already booked.. I am looking into a couple guided tours for probably two of the days... I have a couple questions for anyone who can answer or offer an opinion....
How easy is the metro to use?... are there any signs in english?.. I have tried learning some basic russion but find the language pretty difficult... We would like to roam around on our own in teh evenings but I have this fear of being lost and roaming around like an idiot for days in Moscow..
Also... When we travel, we like to get out of big cities for a day when we can and see a small town.. Is this possible in Moscow?.. Any suggestions on a day trip out of the city, and how to get there?.. does the metro run to any smaller towns?
Ome last question... Should I have any concerns about what I take into Russia?.. I want to take my DSLR camera and some gear but have read about people having problems leaving with the gear... I read that they are very picky about proving that you didnt buy it tere, and about what you bring in..
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 2 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 3 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 4 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 5 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 6 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 7 Andalucia in December
- 8 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 9 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 10 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 11 First trip to Italy
- 12 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 13 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 14 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 15 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 16 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 17 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 18 First Time Solo Travel info
- 19 Oxford 24 hours
- 20 Budapest Hotels
- 21 Vienna or Budapest?
- 22 Sliema, Malta
- 23 Looking for supermarkets, grocery shops in Valletta
- 24 London's Must Sights!
- 25 Lake Garda, Where to stay