I have planned a summer holiday with my family to Moscow and St Petersburg. The itinerary is as follows:
Thursday 30-Jun-15 Departure to Moscow
Friday 01-Jul-15 Moscow
Saturday 02-Jul-15 Moscow
Sunday 03-Jul-15 Moscow
Monday 04-Jul-15 Moscow
Tuesday 05-Jul-15 Departure to St Petersburg by Red Arrow Express
Wednesday 06-Jul-15 St Petersburg
Thursday 07-Jul-15 St Petersburg
Friday 08-Jul-15 St Petersburg
Saturday 09-Jul-15 St Petersburg
Sunday 10-Jul-15 St Petersburg
Monday 11-Jul-15 Departure to Moscow by Red Arrow Express
Tuesday 12-Jul-15 Departure to Mumbai
I get 5 full days in Moscow (the first day we will be a bit tired so will take it easy). Then the overnight sleeper train to St Petersburg - 6 days at St Petersburg, overnight train back to Moscow, go directly to the airport, and fly back home. Please critique the itinerary mentioned above. The intention is clearly to sight-see at a leisurely pace, eat local food, have a good time in general.
Will I need the services of a local tour guides or can one get by by using Lonely Planet Travel guides? This is the first time I am visiting a country where not only is language a problem, but even the alphabets used are different, which means one cannot simply match names mentioned in a guide book with those on name plates and get by. As I understand, not many signboards are in English.
Any recommendations on budget tour guides? The larger ones are expensive, one quote I received was for USD 1200 for a 3 day tour of St Petersburg, for 3 adults, all tickets included (no meals) with about 7 - 8 hour of sightseeing each day.
Look forward to hearing from you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 대만카지노／✬』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『✬＼슈퍼카지노
- 2 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 3 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 8 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 11 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Italy
- 14 Revised itinerary for italy
- 15 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Juangfrau / mt
- 21 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Switzerland