My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy this May. Assuming we have ten full days (i.e. arrive in Rome on a Friday morning and leave 10 days later on a Monday), I'd like to get some different takes on what we might possibly do. This will be our 2nd anniversary and a belated honeymoon Flight is not yet set in stone, so we can fly into anywhere, really. Here's an open itinerary:
Friday 5/9 - Arrive in Rome in morning
Sat 5/10 - Rome
Sun 5/11 - Rome?
Monday 5/12 - Travel to Florence in morning
Tues 5/13 - Florence
Weds 5/14 - Tuscany
Thurs 5/14- Tuscany
Fri 5/16 - Tuscany?
Sat 5/17 Tuscany or Venice?
Sun 5/18 Tuscany or Venice?
Monday 5/19 - Head back home.
We'd like to spend some time in Rome & Florence for sure. I figured 3 days in Rome, 2 in Florence, and 4-5 in the smaller Tuscan towns.
My question is, are we foolish to spend that much time in Tuscany, or should we consider splitting those 4 days between Tuscan countryside and Venice? I don't know much about Venice - is it worth the trip? Is two days enough?
More about us:
I'll be 33, he's 38. He's a history buff. I love art, wine, and just being submersed in a different culture. We'd love to sight see, but frankly, we could just use some R&R and romance as well, rather than being on a tight "must see everything schedule", which is why I had hoped to spend half the trip in Tuscany, which sounded a little more slow-paced. Tuscany has always been my dream - visiting wineries, possibly taking an afternoon cooking class, visiting a Tuscan town like Siena or Lucca. I'm slightly worried that my husband might get a little antsy though and perhaps we're missing out on Venice. I don't know much about it. Yes, I realize I can read a book. Just thought I'd ask for some first hand advice on here first.
We will most likely return to Italy on another trip in the next decade and focus on Amalfi Coast/Capri and can spend more time in Rome on that trip.
Thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 icloud@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech SUPP0RT CARE*
- 2 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 3 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 4 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 5 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 6 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Berlin to ?
- 9 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 10 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Scotland
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 23 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 24 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights