I received a map from the tourist board and mapped out a basic itenerary but I'm unsure where we should stay and where we should just explore on our way. We would prefer to backtrack a little rather than pack / unpack every day. With that in mind, here is our intial plan:
Venice to Piran - Stay 1 night
Prian to Ljubljana Stay ?? nights
Ljubljana to Logarska Dolina - stay for ???
Logarska Dolina to Bled - explore or stay?
Bled to Kranska Gora via Vrsic Pass -stay or explore?
Kranska Gora to Dobrovo - stay at Belica Hotel / winery
Dobrovo to Venice
Are there places we should "not miss" between Prian and Ljubljana? How about between Logarska Dolina and Bled? Should we backtrack towards Ljubljana or go over the twisty road between Solcava and Jerzesko? Should it be in decent condition in early May?
We have 7 - 9 days for the Slovenia portion of the trip. I certainly appreciate all your help! It's difficult to tell how long it will take to get from point to point without not knowing the geography or road conditions.
Thanks again... Tana
More questions for Slojan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car rental info
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 4 Rail tickets
- 5 bath or york
- 6 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 7 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 8 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 9 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 10 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 11 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 12 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 13 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 14 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 15 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 16 Hotel in Venice
- 17 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 18 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 19 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 20 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 21 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Paris to Rome
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence