I received a map from the tourist board and mapped out a basic itenerary but I'm unsure where we should stay and where we should just explore on our way. We would prefer to backtrack a little rather than pack / unpack every day. With that in mind, here is our intial plan:
Venice to Piran - Stay 1 night
Prian to Ljubljana Stay ?? nights
Ljubljana to Logarska Dolina - stay for ???
Logarska Dolina to Bled - explore or stay?
Bled to Kranska Gora via Vrsic Pass -stay or explore?
Kranska Gora to Dobrovo - stay at Belica Hotel / winery
Dobrovo to Venice
Are there places we should "not miss" between Prian and Ljubljana? How about between Logarska Dolina and Bled? Should we backtrack towards Ljubljana or go over the twisty road between Solcava and Jerzesko? Should it be in decent condition in early May?
We have 7 - 9 days for the Slovenia portion of the trip. I certainly appreciate all your help! It's difficult to tell how long it will take to get from point to point without not knowing the geography or road conditions.
Thanks again... Tana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking in Switzerland
- 2 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 3 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 7 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 8 CASH OR CARD?
- 9 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 14 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 17 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 18 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 19 2 days in Lugano area
- 20 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 21 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 22 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 23 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Help on ancient history route