I received a map from the tourist board and mapped out a basic itenerary but I'm unsure where we should stay and where we should just explore on our way. We would prefer to backtrack a little rather than pack / unpack every day. With that in mind, here is our intial plan:
Venice to Piran - Stay 1 night
Prian to Ljubljana Stay ?? nights
Ljubljana to Logarska Dolina - stay for ???
Logarska Dolina to Bled - explore or stay?
Bled to Kranska Gora via Vrsic Pass -stay or explore?
Kranska Gora to Dobrovo - stay at Belica Hotel / winery
Dobrovo to Venice
Are there places we should "not miss" between Prian and Ljubljana? How about between Logarska Dolina and Bled? Should we backtrack towards Ljubljana or go over the twisty road between Solcava and Jerzesko? Should it be in decent condition in early May?
We have 7 - 9 days for the Slovenia portion of the trip. I certainly appreciate all your help! It's difficult to tell how long it will take to get from point to point without not knowing the geography or road conditions.
Thanks again... Tana
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 2 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 3 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 4 Italian lakes
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 7 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 8 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 11 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 12 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 13 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 14 "Never Mind"
- 15 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 16 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 17 Italian car factory tours
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 20 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 21 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 22 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 23 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 24 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now