Because of so many wonderful suggestions here I've changed my plans for the Swiss portion of our visit. We Will take the train directly from the airport in Zürich and travel to Pontresina. After three nights there we will do the Bernina express route to Tirano. I'm still trying to decide whether to use the local trains or the Bernina express. The regular train leaves Pontrsina at 9:04 and arrives at 11:12. Unfortunately, the train to Varenna leaves 3 minutes earlier. The Bernina express train leaves Pontresina at 9:52 and arrives in Tirano at 12:02. The train to Varenna leaves at 12:06. That leaves only four minutes to buy the ticket to Varenna and get on the train, is that possible?
More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 3 Late night train from Prague
- 4 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 5 Bike touring in France
- 6 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 7 Theater in London
- 8 Does this sound feasible?
- 9 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 10 Tour Group Operators
- 11 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 12 Islands in mid October
- 13 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 14 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 15 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 16 Trip to Venice and Athens, with a cruise through Croatia and Greece
- 17 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 18 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 19 Dordogne in October
- 20 Ireland driving vacation
- 21 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 22 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 23 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 24 Majorca - where to stay?
- 25 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...