I posted my proposed itinerary a week ago and had several great responses. I thought I was ready to put down my lodging deposits when the ship started to turn a bit. Another round of input would be great so I can make some decisions and not spend hours a day on-line researching this trip!
Arrive in Venice
4 Nights Venice
Drive to Tuscany
7 nights in Tuscany (side trips Florence, Sienna, Lucca/Pisa?)
Drive/train to Sorrento (drop car Naples or Sorrento?)
7 Nights in Sorrento (day trips Pompeii, Capri, Naples?)
4 Nights Rome
The questions that have come up:
- Should we spend less time in Italy (cut out Tuscany or Sorrento) and add another country? My kids have been to London and Paris.
- I have been planning on a wonderful sounding hosted villa in the Val d'Orcia area of Tuscany - however it does not have a real pool (just a wading/plunge pool) - I am wondering three things:
1. Would teenagers be happier at an agriturisum with more people around?
2. Am I crazy not to have a real pool available to them? Only one is a big pool kid but I worry about heat or having something to do in the evenings.
3. Is this area of Tuscany interesting for teens or should I look in the area closer to Lucca/Sienna?
Since we have three weeks of family togetherness I want to make sure the kids have some time to interact with others so I don't really want a completely independent villa. My kids are three 16 year olds and a 14 year old (2 boys/2 girls) so they kind of have their own built in buddies - but part of the fun of traveling is meeting new people.
I like the idea of a slower, more immersion vacation but maybe teens would prefer to be on the go more and explore more than just Italy . Sorry for the complicated post - any thoughts would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 2 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 3 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 4 credit and debit cards
- 5 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 6 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 7 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 8 Is Sicily Safe?
- 9 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 10 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 11 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 12 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 13 Clean up spam
- 14 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 15 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 16 Help with basic itinerary
- 17 Car rental in Europe (Kemwel)
- 18 Greece and Italy Combo
- 19 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 20 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 21 Which city order makes most sense?
- 22 Munich Hotel Location
- 23 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 24 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 25 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!