I posted my proposed itinerary a week ago and had several great responses. I thought I was ready to put down my lodging deposits when the ship started to turn a bit. Another round of input would be great so I can make some decisions and not spend hours a day on-line researching this trip!
Arrive in Venice
4 Nights Venice
Drive to Tuscany
7 nights in Tuscany (side trips Florence, Sienna, Lucca/Pisa?)
Drive/train to Sorrento (drop car Naples or Sorrento?)
7 Nights in Sorrento (day trips Pompeii, Capri, Naples?)
4 Nights Rome
The questions that have come up:
- Should we spend less time in Italy (cut out Tuscany or Sorrento) and add another country? My kids have been to London and Paris.
- I have been planning on a wonderful sounding hosted villa in the Val d'Orcia area of Tuscany - however it does not have a real pool (just a wading/plunge pool) - I am wondering three things:
1. Would teenagers be happier at an agriturisum with more people around?
2. Am I crazy not to have a real pool available to them? Only one is a big pool kid but I worry about heat or having something to do in the evenings.
3. Is this area of Tuscany interesting for teens or should I look in the area closer to Lucca/Sienna?
Since we have three weeks of family togetherness I want to make sure the kids have some time to interact with others so I don't really want a completely independent villa. My kids are three 16 year olds and a 14 year old (2 boys/2 girls) so they kind of have their own built in buddies - but part of the fun of traveling is meeting new people.
I like the idea of a slower, more immersion vacation but maybe teens would prefer to be on the go more and explore more than just Italy . Sorry for the complicated post - any thoughts would be appreciated.
More Itinerary Help - Family with 4 Teenagers - Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping in the UK
- 2 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 3 4 days in lake region
- 4 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 5 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 6 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 7 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 8 Restrictions on Portable GPS Use in the UK
- 9 Adjoining Rooms in Rome?
- 10 7 countries in a month
- 11 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 12 Already planning our next trip (Spain/Italy/France)!
- 13 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 14 Trip to Scotland and northern England June 2014
- 15 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 16 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 17 floods in Andalucia
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 20 INTERESTED IN A HOME EXCHANGE ?
- 21 Guided Tour on Coach vs rail and city tours
- 22 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 23 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 24 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 25 2 weeks in Spain