I posted my proposed itinerary a week ago and had several great responses. I thought I was ready to put down my lodging deposits when the ship started to turn a bit. Another round of input would be great so I can make some decisions and not spend hours a day on-line researching this trip!
Arrive in Venice
4 Nights Venice
Drive to Tuscany
7 nights in Tuscany (side trips Florence, Sienna, Lucca/Pisa?)
Drive/train to Sorrento (drop car Naples or Sorrento?)
7 Nights in Sorrento (day trips Pompeii, Capri, Naples?)
4 Nights Rome
The questions that have come up:
- Should we spend less time in Italy (cut out Tuscany or Sorrento) and add another country? My kids have been to London and Paris.
- I have been planning on a wonderful sounding hosted villa in the Val d'Orcia area of Tuscany - however it does not have a real pool (just a wading/plunge pool) - I am wondering three things:
1. Would teenagers be happier at an agriturisum with more people around?
2. Am I crazy not to have a real pool available to them? Only one is a big pool kid but I worry about heat or having something to do in the evenings.
3. Is this area of Tuscany interesting for teens or should I look in the area closer to Lucca/Sienna?
Since we have three weeks of family togetherness I want to make sure the kids have some time to interact with others so I don't really want a completely independent villa. My kids are three 16 year olds and a 14 year old (2 boys/2 girls) so they kind of have their own built in buddies - but part of the fun of traveling is meeting new people.
I like the idea of a slower, more immersion vacation but maybe teens would prefer to be on the go more and explore more than just Italy . Sorry for the complicated post - any thoughts would be appreciated.
More Itinerary Help - Family with 4 Teenagers - Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 2 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 3 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 4 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 5 flea markets in France
- 6 What to wear
- 7 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 8 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 9 London neighborhood suggestions
- 10 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 11 Spain tips beyond safety
- 12 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 13 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 14 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 19 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Prague flea markets
- 25 Tipping in Greece