I posted my proposed itinerary a week ago and had several great responses. I thought I was ready to put down my lodging deposits when the ship started to turn a bit. Another round of input would be great so I can make some decisions and not spend hours a day on-line researching this trip!
Arrive in Venice
4 Nights Venice
Drive to Tuscany
7 nights in Tuscany (side trips Florence, Sienna, Lucca/Pisa?)
Drive/train to Sorrento (drop car Naples or Sorrento?)
7 Nights in Sorrento (day trips Pompeii, Capri, Naples?)
4 Nights Rome
The questions that have come up:
- Should we spend less time in Italy (cut out Tuscany or Sorrento) and add another country? My kids have been to London and Paris.
- I have been planning on a wonderful sounding hosted villa in the Val d'Orcia area of Tuscany - however it does not have a real pool (just a wading/plunge pool) - I am wondering three things:
1. Would teenagers be happier at an agriturisum with more people around?
2. Am I crazy not to have a real pool available to them? Only one is a big pool kid but I worry about heat or having something to do in the evenings.
3. Is this area of Tuscany interesting for teens or should I look in the area closer to Lucca/Sienna?
Since we have three weeks of family togetherness I want to make sure the kids have some time to interact with others so I don't really want a completely independent villa. My kids are three 16 year olds and a 14 year old (2 boys/2 girls) so they kind of have their own built in buddies - but part of the fun of traveling is meeting new people.
I like the idea of a slower, more immersion vacation but maybe teens would prefer to be on the go more and explore more than just Italy . Sorry for the complicated post - any thoughts would be appreciated.
More Itinerary Help - Family with 4 Teenagers - Italy
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 5 Traveling within Italy
- 6 Which travel plan?
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 first european holiday itinery
- 9 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 10 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 11 Travel by train or bus
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 Florence in October
- 17 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 18 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 21 7 days in Andalucia
- 22 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 23 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Euro Train