I'll be visiting Barcelona in a couple of weeks. I would like to visit Montserrat one of the days I am there.
Friday, September 8 seems to be a pilgrimage day to Montserrat according to an old New York Times article:
<< A monastery has stood on the same site in Montserrat since the early Middle Ages, though the present 19th-century building replaced the rubble left by Napoléon's troops in 1812. The shrine is world-famous, and one of Catalonia's spiritual sanctuaries: honeymooning couples flock here by the thousands seeking La Moreneta's blessing on their marriages, and twice a year, on April 27 and September 8, the diminutive statue of Montserrat's Black Virgin becomes the object of one of Spain's greatest pilgrimages.>>
I imagine that day will be very crowded.
The only other day I have available is Sunday, Sept 10. Anyone have any experience with how crowded it will be on a Sunday, please?
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 12 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 13 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 14 3 day trip to iceland
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Alitala
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 22 celticmoon, a quick question
- 23 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 24 B&B in Ireland
- 25 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize