I'll be visiting Barcelona in a couple of weeks. I would like to visit Montserrat one of the days I am there.
Friday, September 8 seems to be a pilgrimage day to Montserrat according to an old New York Times article:
<< A monastery has stood on the same site in Montserrat since the early Middle Ages, though the present 19th-century building replaced the rubble left by Napoléon's troops in 1812. The shrine is world-famous, and one of Catalonia's spiritual sanctuaries: honeymooning couples flock here by the thousands seeking La Moreneta's blessing on their marriages, and twice a year, on April 27 and September 8, the diminutive statue of Montserrat's Black Virgin becomes the object of one of Spain's greatest pilgrimages.>>
I imagine that day will be very crowded.
The only other day I have available is Sunday, Sept 10. Anyone have any experience with how crowded it will be on a Sunday, please?
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 2 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 7 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 8 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Bordeaux to Nice
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona