I'll be visiting Barcelona in a couple of weeks. I would like to visit Montserrat one of the days I am there.
Friday, September 8 seems to be a pilgrimage day to Montserrat according to an old New York Times article:
<< A monastery has stood on the same site in Montserrat since the early Middle Ages, though the present 19th-century building replaced the rubble left by Napoléon's troops in 1812. The shrine is world-famous, and one of Catalonia's spiritual sanctuaries: honeymooning couples flock here by the thousands seeking La Moreneta's blessing on their marriages, and twice a year, on April 27 and September 8, the diminutive statue of Montserrat's Black Virgin becomes the object of one of Spain's greatest pilgrimages.>>
I imagine that day will be very crowded.
The only other day I have available is Sunday, Sept 10. Anyone have any experience with how crowded it will be on a Sunday, please?
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 2 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 3 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 7 Dublin Luggage storage
- 8 Any reviews on Fires de Sant Narcis, Girona?
- 9 Airline to Rome
- 10 First Solo Adventure
- 11 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 12 Towns around Lucca
- 13 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 14 Spain: train/rental car help
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 17 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 18 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 19 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 20 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 21 Duoro Valley - Train from Regua to Pocinho
- 22 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 23 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 24 Georgia in 4 days
- 25 Trains in Italy