We will be spending our honeymoon (early Oct 2013) in Italy and Switzerland. Flying into Geneva, and straight to Montreux. We then originally planned to go to Zermatt, then get the Glacier Express to St Moritz (and stay in Pontresina) then train to Milan.
I have been thinking about this plan and considering taking out St Moritz and staying somewhere else in its place, or just extend our time in Montreux and Zermatt (currently 4 nights each) and do day trips. What are your thoughts? I would love to go to St Moritz but am worried about the 8 hour G.E as we are not necessarily train people, and it cuts a whole day out of our 24 night honeymoon. It also means an extra hour to Milan than would be the case from Zermatt, which is not major, but travel time all the same.
If we were to cut St Moritz out, what would be your recommendation? We are looking for something fairly relaxing for the start of our honeymoon, enjoy good food & wine and nice views. We want to go places which look and feel Swiss, as it may well be our only chance to visit (or the next chance will not be for many years!). We have quite a generous budget as we would like to splurge on our honeymoon.
Would somewhere in the Interlaken area such as Wengen or Grindelwald be suggestible? I don't want to go somewhere that won't be able to offer something different to Montreux and Zermatt. I have also head Zweisimmen is nice, and we could take the Goldenpass Panoramic there. Is it worth a stay or are there better places to go?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pay attention to your watches !
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 5 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 8 car insurance italy
- 9 auto europa or auto europe?
- 10 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 14 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 15 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 16 8 Days in Spain
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.