I am au pairing in Martigny for two months this summer, and at the weekends I'd like to explore the rest of France a little, so I'm planning a short trip to Paris. Upon trying to find good hostels to stay in, I discovered that there seem to be two main groups: those in Montmartre and those in Montparnasse. I've read a couple of threads discussing this choice, but they were from the point of view of middle-aged couples, with presumably different tastes to someone of my age (turning 20 very soon), who is travelling alone on a VERY tight budget. What I'm really looking for is a location that is convenient for seeing the city's famous sights. An abundance of night life and cheap food would be a plus, but the most important thing is that I can either walk or easily take public transport to all the best sites - preferably walking. I'll only be taking a weekend bag, so although Montmarte's proximity to the Gare du Nord is a plus, it's not a deal-breaker. Thank you for any help you can give!
Here are the links to two of the hostels I'm looking at:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 4 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 5 http://www.garciniacambogialean.com/bisou-ageless-moisturizer
- 6 Croatia in 16 days
- 7 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 8 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 9 Stay away from EF Tours
- 10 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 11 Yummy Swiss bites
- 12 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 13 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 14 3 Wake-up calls
- 15 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 16 Switzerland in 8 days
- 17 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 18 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 19 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 20 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 21 EU Roaming charges / SIM card
- 22 Scotland Itinerary
- 23 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 24 10 nights in France
- 25 2 London theatre recommendations