I am au pairing in Martigny for two months this summer, and at the weekends I'd like to explore the rest of France a little, so I'm planning a short trip to Paris. Upon trying to find good hostels to stay in, I discovered that there seem to be two main groups: those in Montmartre and those in Montparnasse. I've read a couple of threads discussing this choice, but they were from the point of view of middle-aged couples, with presumably different tastes to someone of my age (turning 20 very soon), who is travelling alone on a VERY tight budget. What I'm really looking for is a location that is convenient for seeing the city's famous sights. An abundance of night life and cheap food would be a plus, but the most important thing is that I can either walk or easily take public transport to all the best sites - preferably walking. I'll only be taking a weekend bag, so although Montmarte's proximity to the Gare du Nord is a plus, it's not a deal-breaker. Thank you for any help you can give!
Here are the links to two of the hostels I'm looking at:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 2 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 3 Uffizi Phone Number
- 4 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 6 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 Gites in Provence
- 9 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 10 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 11 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 12 4 days in Provence in early June
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 15 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 Need Information about French Alps
- 18 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 19 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 20 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 23 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 24 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 25 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?