I am au pairing in Martigny for two months this summer, and at the weekends I'd like to explore the rest of France a little, so I'm planning a short trip to Paris. Upon trying to find good hostels to stay in, I discovered that there seem to be two main groups: those in Montmartre and those in Montparnasse. I've read a couple of threads discussing this choice, but they were from the point of view of middle-aged couples, with presumably different tastes to someone of my age (turning 20 very soon), who is travelling alone on a VERY tight budget. What I'm really looking for is a location that is convenient for seeing the city's famous sights. An abundance of night life and cheap food would be a plus, but the most important thing is that I can either walk or easily take public transport to all the best sites - preferably walking. I'll only be taking a weekend bag, so although Montmarte's proximity to the Gare du Nord is a plus, it's not a deal-breaker. Thank you for any help you can give!
Here are the links to two of the hostels I'm looking at:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 2 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 3 Highclare Castle
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 7 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 8 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 9 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 10 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 11 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 12 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 13 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 19 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 20 Salzburg itinerary review
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 A bit overwhelmed!!!