I am au pairing in Martigny for two months this summer, and at the weekends I'd like to explore the rest of France a little, so I'm planning a short trip to Paris. Upon trying to find good hostels to stay in, I discovered that there seem to be two main groups: those in Montmartre and those in Montparnasse. I've read a couple of threads discussing this choice, but they were from the point of view of middle-aged couples, with presumably different tastes to someone of my age (turning 20 very soon), who is travelling alone on a VERY tight budget. What I'm really looking for is a location that is convenient for seeing the city's famous sights. An abundance of night life and cheap food would be a plus, but the most important thing is that I can either walk or easily take public transport to all the best sites - preferably walking. I'll only be taking a weekend bag, so although Montmarte's proximity to the Gare du Nord is a plus, it's not a deal-breaker. Thank you for any help you can give!
Here are the links to two of the hostels I'm looking at:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 2 For a poor not identified the delightful powers
- 3 Road Maps of Ireland
- 4 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 5 Itinerary help please!
- 6 Vitalpeak XT >> > http://getmenshealth.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 7 Dover queues
- 8 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 9 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 10 Greece Itinerary
- 11 http://www.thehealthvictory.com/raw-power-xl/
- 12 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 13 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 14 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 15 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 16 Puglia
- 17 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 18 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 19 This secure, as immoderate-colossal
- 20 From London to Paris to US
- 21 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 My First Trip to Europe...
- 23 Residential wallpaper designs
- 24 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 25 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.