I'll be traveling to Paris in a few days (train in, so no worries there). I've been before, but not for a while (and not outside of central Paris) and I don't speak the language very well.
When I travel out, I'll be going from CDG. I'll be in an apartment, so no hotel to arrange a cab. I'm somewhat tempted to take the train from Gare du Nord but since it will be a Sunday and I will have a few bags, I may just want to cab it despite the expense (which I understand to be in the area of 45 euros).
If a taxi is most convenient, what is the best way to go about getting a cab in the area? I'm a little hesitant about attempting to book one beforehand with my patchy language skills (at best). Walk down to Gare du Nord and find one there?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest on a budget
- 2 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 3 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 4 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 5 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 6 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 7 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 8 French lavender and cottages
- 9 Cork or Galway?
- 10 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 11 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 12 One quick week -- where in France?
- 13 MiFi in Italy
- 14 Major quake in central Itay
- 15 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 16 Girona and Besalau
- 17 3 days with a Swindon base
- 18 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 19 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 20 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 21 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 22 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 23 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 Brugge or Ghent?