I'll be traveling to Paris in a few days (train in, so no worries there). I've been before, but not for a while (and not outside of central Paris) and I don't speak the language very well.
When I travel out, I'll be going from CDG. I'll be in an apartment, so no hotel to arrange a cab. I'm somewhat tempted to take the train from Gare du Nord but since it will be a Sunday and I will have a few bags, I may just want to cab it despite the expense (which I understand to be in the area of 45 euros).
If a taxi is most convenient, what is the best way to go about getting a cab in the area? I'm a little hesitant about attempting to book one beforehand with my patchy language skills (at best). Walk down to Gare du Nord and find one there?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment Montreux area
- 2 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 Crete Holiday
- 7 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 8 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 9 Safety in Rome
- 10 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 11 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 12 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 One free day in Barcelona
- 15 Uber vs. TfL
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 18 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 19 base in brussels
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 25 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017