I'll be traveling to Paris in a few days (train in, so no worries there). I've been before, but not for a while (and not outside of central Paris) and I don't speak the language very well.
When I travel out, I'll be going from CDG. I'll be in an apartment, so no hotel to arrange a cab. I'm somewhat tempted to take the train from Gare du Nord but since it will be a Sunday and I will have a few bags, I may just want to cab it despite the expense (which I understand to be in the area of 45 euros).
If a taxi is most convenient, what is the best way to go about getting a cab in the area? I'm a little hesitant about attempting to book one beforehand with my patchy language skills (at best). Walk down to Gare du Nord and find one there?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 Spain Itinerary advice please – Extremadura? Cadiz?
- 4 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 7 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 8 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 9 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 10 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 11 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 12 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 13 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 14 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 15 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 16 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 17 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 18 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 19 Croatian islands
- 20 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 21 Walking GPS?
- 22 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 23 Glasgow to Rosslyn Chapel-what to see?
- 24 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 25 Florence airport costumes