I'll be traveling to Paris in a few days (train in, so no worries there). I've been before, but not for a while (and not outside of central Paris) and I don't speak the language very well.
When I travel out, I'll be going from CDG. I'll be in an apartment, so no hotel to arrange a cab. I'm somewhat tempted to take the train from Gare du Nord but since it will be a Sunday and I will have a few bags, I may just want to cab it despite the expense (which I understand to be in the area of 45 euros).
If a taxi is most convenient, what is the best way to go about getting a cab in the area? I'm a little hesitant about attempting to book one beforehand with my patchy language skills (at best). Walk down to Gare du Nord and find one there?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SKYPE Recovery Password CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 SKYPE Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 5 TIM in FCO - update
- 6 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 7 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 8 Iceland trip report!
- 9 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 10 Paris for children
- 11 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 12 Naples + Walking Tour
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 15 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 16 Need hotel in Athens
- 17 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 18 Avoid Europcar!
- 19 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 20 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 Train / Calabria
- 23 Scotland - We're Here!
- 24 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 25 Madrid food advice needed