Does anyone have any comments on the Montmartre area. I have learned so much from all the great Fodor folks about the different Arrondissements. How each is unique. I'm traveling with my 20 year old daughter and have been advised to stay in the Latin quarter which looks like a lot of fun, but for some reason this one hotel called Hotel des Arts Paris Montmartre keeps popping up. Any info on the Montmarte area (I think Arr 8). It sounds hip and artsy but possibly seedy and a little dangerous to walk around in at night. Could this be a cool area to stay or should I stick to the Latin quarter? My daughter and I are from Florida. She just graduated from FSU with a Finance degree which probably fits her personality, fairly conservative . So a little funky would be fun but not to extreme. Not a big partier either but we like quaint little bars and cafes. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 2 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 3 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 4 Fjords, How To?
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 8 Budget for 3 Month's
- 9 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 10 Italian cooking classes
- 11 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 12 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 13 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 London visit
- 16 Questions for my German friends
- 17 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 18 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 19 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 22 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 23 Chip but no PIN
- 24 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 25 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich