Does anyone have any comments on the Montmartre area. I have learned so much from all the great Fodor folks about the different Arrondissements. How each is unique. I'm traveling with my 20 year old daughter and have been advised to stay in the Latin quarter which looks like a lot of fun, but for some reason this one hotel called Hotel des Arts Paris Montmartre keeps popping up. Any info on the Montmarte area (I think Arr 8). It sounds hip and artsy but possibly seedy and a little dangerous to walk around in at night. Could this be a cool area to stay or should I stick to the Latin quarter? My daughter and I are from Florida. She just graduated from FSU with a Finance degree which probably fits her personality, fairly conservative . So a little funky would be fun but not to extreme. Not a big partier either but we like quaint little bars and cafes. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 2 day trips from Menton
- 3 Free public transportation on 14-15-16 March in Paris & Wallonia
- 4 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 5 Amsterdam to Paris by boat
- 6 First trip to Paris
- 7 Rail tickets
- 8 Relaxing sandy beach for the day near Nice
- 9 Solo train travel in Germany
- 10 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 11 San Sebastian
- 12 Traveling for First time to Italy and Spain. NEED HELP!!
- 13 Hot Chocolate in Paris
- 14 Seville Day Trip - Cordoba or Ronda
- 15 Eastern European "Sampler" Trip
- 16 Cheap hotel room in Barcellona
- 17 6 day Switzerland itinerary with 7 and 4 yr olds
- 18 Getting from Fussen to Neuschwanstein Castle??
- 19 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 20 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 21 Buying Advance Tickets for Spain/Italy
- 22 Outdoor Adventures in Sicily in late July/early August?
- 23 Train From Paris to Beaune
- 24 Bicycle Prague to Berlin
- 25 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!