Does anyone have any comments on the Montmartre area. I have learned so much from all the great Fodor folks about the different Arrondissements. How each is unique. I'm traveling with my 20 year old daughter and have been advised to stay in the Latin quarter which looks like a lot of fun, but for some reason this one hotel called Hotel des Arts Paris Montmartre keeps popping up. Any info on the Montmarte area (I think Arr 8). It sounds hip and artsy but possibly seedy and a little dangerous to walk around in at night. Could this be a cool area to stay or should I stick to the Latin quarter? My daughter and I are from Florida. She just graduated from FSU with a Finance degree which probably fits her personality, fairly conservative . So a little funky would be fun but not to extreme. Not a big partier either but we like quaint little bars and cafes. Thanks!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 2 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 Greek islands from Turkey
- 5 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 6 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 Rome Accommodation
- 9 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 10 rent car / Munich
- 11 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Italian Lakes gardens
- 14 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 15 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 16 Chambermaid tipping
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 Novels set in Greece
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 23 More help with housing in Puglia
- 24 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 25 Euro Train